Lost and then Found Again

Stumpbreaker

Mar 11, 2009
Eugene, oregon
Detector(s) used
DFX, Binford 2000
Discovered a new spot in town yesterday evening, I did short hunt around the area four about an hour, found mostly tabs and some newer clad, went over to some big Ol' Oaks and got a nice silver signal, poped out a 1944 Washington Quarter. Well it was getting dark and had to head back, stuck the quarter in my pocket and went home. When I arrived at the house I unloaded my gear and put my hand in my pocket to admire my quarter, and it was gone. Oh Sh!#.
So back out to the site this morning, checked around where I had parked couldn't find it So I tried back tracking the area where I had dug the coin, no such luck, so I continued to detect around the area for a while came up on a pocket spill of pennies, dug up a total of 42 cents 1 dime and a nickel all in frrom 1960' - 70's in about an 8x8 area. I wonder has this place been hit, no way anyone could have missed this penny spill detecting this area. Well I did not have much time here today again, so i'll be back in a couples days. Well I headed back to my truck and just for last look for the quarter I looked down in a clump of grass and it was staring right at me. Another Good Day !............................Dan

Attachments

• 44 wash front.jpg
    44 wash front.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 512
  • 44 wash back.jpg
    44 wash back.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 514
  • 44 washington front.jpg
    44 washington front.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

IronSpike