Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to Granite and took Lost Canyon Road (FR 398) straight west. I wanted to check out the possibilities for fall foliage. Tons of aspen, but about two weeks to early. We took the road all the way almost to the top of the mountain. I would recommend it to anybody wanting a fall foliage tour. Couple of cautions, it's said to be a 4-wheel drive only road, and all the vehicles we met (more than you would expect) were jeeps and ATV's. However I was in the Chevy pick-up and never put it in 4WD once. It is a narrow road. You will not want to be on this if it is raining or has recently rained. Also, you will be getting in the 11,000-12,000ft. range, which is a sure-fire way to find out if you have any unknown pre-existing heart conditions, so please take it slow if you get out walking around. I've also heard there were rumors of gold in that area along Cache Creek at one time.

Attachments

• 9-17b.jpg
    9-17b.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 77
  • 9-17c.jpg
    9-17c.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 9-17e.jpg
    9-17e.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 9-17f.jpg
    9-17f.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 9-17h.jpg
    9-17h.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 91

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice pics and looks like a great day was had. Did yoi get the tector out?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No detector right now, xr7ator, as I wasn't familiar with this part of the country, so this was a recon mission basically. There is gold there, and there are active claims and operations going on, and it is considered bad form to be waving detectors around even in the vicinity of a claim by some folks. The public is allowed to look for gold down in the river valley in Cache Creek at no charge. After lookin that all over, (but not tryin it) I would say you can find some gold along Cache Creek in the area open to the public. It looks to be real fine, and a whole bunch of work. It would make a memorable Colorado vacation for the family from Kansas. Probably those guys have got it right following the gold on up the canyon, but it might be worth a person's time to pan up that creek from the river bottom and pay attention to any side run-offs, if you could do it without getting shot. You might find the place where legend has it that gold nuggets the size of hen's eggs were picked up.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful time of the year & wonderful pictures. Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice!:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread