Lost Dutchman Mine

LECTRICHEART

Aug 18, 2011
Hillside Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter BB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a very interesting article one time years ago. I wish I could find it now, but maybe someone else that reads this can find it for us. It stated that Jocob Waltz, and Jacob Wiess may have been the same person. It was said that Jacob Waltz at one time worked at the Vulture Mine near Wickenburg. He was fired for highgrading ore from the mine. A few years later he hired back on as Jacob Wiess and did some more highgrading from the mine. He was a little more careful this time and lasted a little longer before he was caught and fired again. He barely escaped prosecution this time. He moved to Phoenix and made several trips into the mountains in that area and came back with gold ore each time. He gave the lady that ran the boarding house some of the gold before he died as she nursed him while he had pneumonia. The ore was assayed there in Phoenix and was said to be from the Vulture mine.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that story has been pretty conclusively disproven. Vulture Mine records never indicated he worked there, and the gold ore in the matchbox tested did not match that from the Vulture Mine.

Mike

LECTRICHEART

Aug 18, 2011
Hillside Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter BB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read another article here on Tnet yesterday, somewhere, they referred to Waltz being fired from the Johnson mine for highgradeing. Never heard of the Johnson Mine, but the story was similar to that of the Vulture. Oh well, I probably won't find it anyway. Someone told me I would have to get off my A-- and on my feet if I wanted to find anything..lol

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told me I would have to get off my A-- and on my feet if I wanted to find anything..lol

That's just a vicious rumor, and there's nothing to it! HAHAHA

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
gollum said:
Someone told me I would have to get off my A-- and on my feet if I wanted to find anything..lol

That's just a vicious rumor, and there's nothing to it! HAHAHA

Mike

WHEW thank you Mike, that really had me frightened there for a moment! :o :o :o :o :o :o
;D :icon_thumright:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is longtime tradition called: RIGETH (Rectally Inclined Google Earth Treasure Hunting). :laughing9:

Mike

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread cracks me up. If any of you would actually read Rebel Gold by Bob Brewer and Warren Getler, you would see that Bob through thousands of hours of breaking KGC code and being able to interpret man made markers and buried clues pretty much proved that there is a vast KGC depository not only around the area of the supposed lost dutchmans mine but also over many areas around the Midwest. He has unearthed several caches himself by interpreting signs and maps accurately and the only reason he hasn't unearthed several huge caches in the Dutchman area is because the X spots are located on Federal land and it's extremely hard to get treasure recovery dig permission. Most requests on Federal land are turned down. Bob Brewer is a genius at approaching the methodical interpretation of topography, maps, hieroglyphs, and KGC Masonic symbolism.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bearbq,

Actually, its not all that difficult to get a Treasure Trove Permit for exploration if you have a proven track record and good evidence. Most depends on what sort of impact your search will have on the environment.

If you want to sniff around and even put a shovel in the ground no big deal. If you want to tear out the side of a mountain in a Federally Protected Wilderness Area, then you REALLY better have your $hit together when you approach the Ranger and Archaeologist whose job is to protect that area. LOL You had better have more than some Google Earth Pics and a vivid imagination. If Bob could demonstrate that he previously found a cache by following markers XY and Z, and those same markers were in this area, then he would not have too much trouble (again depending on just how destructive his exploration would be).

Mike

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say it's impossible and yes, he is in the process of trying to get permits for a major dig. He and his colleages had unearthed a buried map of multiple planted objects down to a depth of 22 feet in an unassuming location that he had deciphered from his his interpretation skills. This site and the objects intentionally planted led him to a current site where a twelve foot square deep hole had been filled in long ago. There was a vague wagon trail right to the spot on top of the mountain and they end at the hole. You guys wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Mr Brewer and his skills if you read the book.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bearbq,

Who said I was dismissive of Bob Brewer? While I don't personally know him, I am friends with Roy Roush. I know all about the whole KGC thing (I even started a thread on the subject here). I was just stating that it is not THAT hard to get a Treasure Trove Permit (to explore) as long as you have all your ducks in a row before you walk into their office.

Mike

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if I will ever find the Lost Dutchman Mine, I do know the old "Dutchman Plastering Company was one of the first Companys who hired Illegal Aliens causing Union busting and Dutchman Plastering hit GOLD by the cheep explotation of the Illegals and not paying any medical.
I'll take a shot at looking for the Lost Dutchman mine but I may be ending with my regular bucket of GOLD my regular KFC. ! lol :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread