Lost Dutchmans Mine

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good lord, i just spent an enormous amount of paid work time reading through that. What a fantastic read!

OP
OP
Herby D

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really makes it interesting for me is, back in the late fifties, I worked with a guy at Biscuit Family Restaurant in Bell California by the name of Dick Peralta...All he talked about was the Lost Dutchman's mine and he was saving every penny he could earn to finance a trip to Arizona... He knew I was just getting interested in prospecting and was trying to talk me into quitting school and going with him...

He had a ledger he said he had received from his grandfather filled with drawings, maps, and writings about the Superstition Mountains and the location of some old gold mines of which, he said, one was supposed to be The Lost Dutchman's mine..

He was really excited about learning that many of his ancestors were gold miners and were involved in mining around the Phoenix area even before Phoenix existed as a town..

I had never heard of the Lost Dutchman's mine and didn't really know what to think about his story.. Plus, I was having a pretty good time pulling some gold out of the East Fork of the San Gabriel River..

We went our own separate ways and it was years later that I noticed that the road that led into the Superstitions was 'Peralta Road'...I've been curious about what ever happened to Dick Peralta ever since...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting story, got me thinking...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread