Lost French Gold Minerva Ohio

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the year 1755 Fort Duquesne was being attacked by the British. Rumor has it a shipment of gold was sent from there headed to Detroit for safe keeping. It was supposed to be around Minerva Ohio in Carroll county Ohio. I live about 5 miles from Minerva and did extensive research about this treasure tale. Fort Duquesne was finally captured by the british years later and renamed Fort Pitt. This story probably over 100 years back.
People from all over America have come to look for this treasure. It seems it got really interested in about 1960. A few old items are said to have been found .But nothing Thats is directly related. Now i am going to skip forward.
Last month some gal from Utah moved here and said she found one of the gold coins from it.Claiming she found the treasure.Very few people belived her . Others called the NON BELIVERS all kinds of names and it was quite sickening. No one has heard from this gal in over a month . I myself do not believe everything i see or hear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread