Lost Frenchmen Mine

puna

Jan 15, 2007
Does anyone have info about the Lost Frenchmen Mine out of Oakridge, OR? What was the mans name who found the mine while working for the Forest Service? There was a large article in the Eugene Registar Guard about the man over twenty years ago. Does anyone have the article?

mil-hunter

Nov 17, 2005
Beaverton, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Getting a Garrett ACE 250 Real Soon
There is a book you can get at the library called Treasure Hunting the Northwest. I believe that it goes into some details. Also just do a book search for Oregon Treasure stories. I read about it a few years ago in one of the many books that I checked out from the Library. I just can't remember any details about it.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Yep, I got it.... just don't know where at the moment. Interesting article, but I'm leaning more towards a seperate mine, I don't believe he found the Frenchmens mine. Could be though.

As mentioned, Treasure Hunting northwest and Lost mines and buried treasures of the pacific northwest by Ruby El Hult have the stories in them.

Both can be found at Smith family bookstore here in Eugene, or at Powells in Portland. Pretty available online as well.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Here's a newspaper article I found on it from 1905...enjoy!
Annmarie

PS: another article about a book...don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• lost frenchman mine 1e.jpg
    lost frenchman mine 1e.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1,272
  • lost frenchman mine 2a.jpg
    lost frenchman mine 2a.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 930

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions