Lost gold of USS Milwaukee

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Bum Luck, coffee ? Nah, thye generally check for unexploded ord. sides at Guadalcanal some of the **** ?? oriental's (ok?) battle ships shells ended up around 18 ft underground. The duds that is.

Jose

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually out there at that time we called them Mo 283740182773739959799596657377333 _aps.

I had a full Japanese adopted sister, Mitsuke, who was darn cute, I often had thoughts about her that a brrther shoudn't have. Similar to Don Crow with that all girl crew on the Drum Beat.

Jose

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose now ya know my motives like all tropical tramps strictly are among the purest.

Crow

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fascinating Mi amigo Crow: Cafe, laced with yr favorite grog.

Me?? I would start by getting a copy of the ships log which should show the anchorade pt by bearing, and run a underwater search. Any place aboard the ship would be doubtful since the problem of getting it off of the ship, or continued hiding would remain indefinitely and chancy...

Tossing the bag overboard at the anchorage site wocld allow it to be recovered years later, after the mans' enlistment was over. or he resigned his commision. I would suspect an officer at this point. for many reasons.

After all we are talking about approx.30 pounds of Gold

= 3,300 coins @ 1/4 oz each = (3,300 /4 = oz.)

Don Jose de La Mancha
If it was $3800.00 in gold coins wouldn't it only be 760 five dollar coins?

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Doubter in MD, It is a very good point. Yes it would be 760

Don Jose ya will have to keep Macaydons Kahlua out of Oros sock Coffee. :laughing7: All this talk of treasure of late has made my amigo south of the border drunk with gold fever as of late. At a very rough calculated guess A base value for the coins depending on quality would start at a estimated 389 dollars per coin up ones advertised at 5000 dollars depending on grade and value of course. However opinions on that I dare say will vary depending which coin dealer. Connected to the Provenance of the ship and story may add extra value to them.

However that might be a double edged sword as the United States Navy might claim them?

However getting exact figure on such an items is like counting chickens before hatch,

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Et tu Doubter? Took my huraches off to have full access to the toes and came up with

$ 3300 'in' $ 5 dollar gold pieces = 165 coins @ 1/4 oz = . ya want Troy or adv ?

Blame it on Crow's favorite "Shanghi" mixture in me coffee

Seriously, Doubter, you did exactly right, question , analyze everything.
'
Yes, obviously there was a $ 5:00 Gold coin, after all, a seaman in '1940' was only pad $ 20:00 a month (Me) and found, then ?.

I have no idea how much Crow's 'shanghaid' men were paid, if anything.

Jose

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Et tu Doubter? Took my huraches off to have full access to the toes and came up with

$ 3300 'in' $ 5 dollar gold pieces = 165 coins @ 1/4 oz = . ya want Troy or adv ?

Blame it on Crow's favorite "Shanghi" mixture in me coffee

Seriously, Doubter, you did exactly right, question , analyze everything.
'
Yes, obviously there was a $ 5:00 Gold coin, after all, a seaman in '1940' was only pad $ 20:00 a month (Me) and found, then ?.

I have no idea how much Crow's 'shanghaid' men were paid, if anything.

Jose

Well the article said $3800.00 in 5 dollar gold pieces was stolen so I just divided 3800 by 5 and came up with 760 coins.

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow clever is not the correct wred, devious is more in line.

Jose
ps (a warning don't play cards witn him )

(GASP) Uh oh.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubter: I realized that, you are sharp, but just called a 38 instead of the correct 33 A normal mistake but it'll cost you a round of coffee. WITH coffee assitice for those that run on it.

Jose

P.S. psst "where is the money" ???

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow: You posted [
However that might be a double edged sword as the United States Navy might claim them?
f
Nah, Shipworths descendents might, but the Navy was paid off in full.

Now about making a possible deal with the Vaticab on Tayopa ???

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doubter: I realized that, you are sharp, but just called a 38 instead of the correct 33 A normal mistake but it'll cost you a round of coffee. WITH coffee assitice for those that run on it.

Jose

P.S. psst "where is the money" ???
I'm starting to think you know more than you admit. The newspaper article says $3800.00. If you know it was only $3300.00 then I'm guessing there is no need to look for it as it's already been found. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah it was a semi naked fun picture of the girls of the drumbeat pampering me like if I was a sultan got me the bump on my head by My now Ex...evidently she did not see the funny side. :laughing7:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Nah it was a semi naked fun picture of the girls of the drumbeat pampering me like if I was a sultan got me the bump on my head by My now Ex...evidently she did not see the funny side. :laughing7:

The truth will out, as it were - so now spill, which was it, tops or bottoms? (You did say SEMI-neckid> :icon_scratch: ???

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If only I was younger. On the Drumbeat there is no privacy. They were a bit bashful at first after awhile it was like I wasn't even there. Strip off infront of me to change hulu costumes for various hows they were doing. If they were sick and upset wanted a hug it was me the poor old Bosun to rescue. I am going to miss them all...And I know each and every one of em will break my heart.

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only I was younger. On the Drumbeat there is no privacy. They were a bit bashful at first after awhile it was like I wasn't even there. Strip off infront of me to change hulu costumes for various hows they were doing. If they were sick and upset wanted a hug it was me the poor old Bosun to rescue. I am going to miss them all...And I know each and every one of em will break my heart.
The Bosun's life is such a hard one to endure :happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread