Lost- Mens Wedding Band-Doheny Beach, CA

ladyv

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2010
Lost- Men's Wedding Band-Doheny Beach, CA

My husband lost his wedding band on July 4th at Doheny State Beach.

It is Titanium and is a size 12 (pretty big). It also has an inscription. The ring itself is not very valuable, but it has a huge sentimental value to us. My husband is deploying soon and the thought of not having the ring is upsetting to him.

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Lost- Men's Wedding Band-Doheny Beach, CA

Hi,

I've seen your ad on Craigslist. This beach is a bit far for me to travel to but I'm sure there are a few of us closer.

Inscriptions on rings is very important aspexct and I always make an effort to return such rings.

Best of luck, Joe

PS: If you don't get a good response please post that here .. perhaps I'll find the time to get down there (and I really enjoy looking).

OP
OP
L

ladyv

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2010

DrJoePrime said:
Hi,

I've seen your ad on Craigslist. This beach is a bit far for me to travel to but I'm sure there are a few of us closer.

Inscriptions on rings is very important aspexct and I always make an effort to return such rings.

Best of luck, Joe

PS: If you don't get a good response please post that here .. perhaps I'll find the time to get down there (and I really enjoy looking).

Thank you for your reply, I can tell you exactly where we were when he lost it for anyone who can go look. He leaves really soon and I would love for him to have it! He was on liberty when he lost it, I flew out from Ohio to spend a few days with him. I had to fly back to Ohio the next day and he had to report back to base. The hard part is that I can't go look, I am completely helpless!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Since it is Tititanium and not gold I hope you get someone that reads Craig's List and this forum that is near that State Park. I wish you Luck.

OP
OP
L

ladyv

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2010

Sandman said:
Since it is Tititanium and not gold I hope you get someone that reads Craig's List and this forum that is near that State Park. I wish you Luck.

Thank you. I dropped him at the airport on Tuesday and I won't see him again until next year, I am hoping I can mail it to him.

theullman

Dec 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is Titanium and is a size 12 (pretty big). It also has an inscription. The ring itself is not very valuable, but it has a huge sentimental value to us. My husband is deploying soon and the thought of not having the ring is upsetting to him.

Ladyv,

Sorry to hear your husband lost his ring. My son was camping down at Doheny on Thanksgiving weekend. I believe someone in the party found an inscribed ring. Can you describe his titanium ring? What does the inscription say? - nancy

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ladyv,

Sorry to hear your husband lost his ring. My son was camping down at Doheny on Thanksgiving weekend. I believe someone in the party found an inscribed ring. Can you describe his titanium ring? What does the inscription say? - nancy

You might need to Personal Message her, I doubt if she watches this site regularly. Blessings, hope it is her husbands. A good deed in the making...... Beach Papa

theullman

Dec 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might need to Personal Message her, I doubt if she watches this site regularly. Blessings, hope it is her husbands. A good deed in the making...... Beach Papa

Thanks Beach Papa. I will personal message her. I will make sure to update this thread with the outcome.

OP
OP
L

ladyv

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2010
Ladyv,

Thank you so much for messaging me. I had given up! I replaced the ring on our 1st anniversary, about 20 days after he got back from Afghanistan, but I could not bring myself to inscribe the new one.

theullman

Dec 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you, we thought finding a ring lost in 2010 would certainly be a long shot. Sorry that the one we found wasn't yours. Please tell your husband that we appreciate his service. If someone happens on this thread that lost their ring on or around Thanksgiving weekend (2013), please private message me.

Dana Point Val

Oct 14, 2007
Dana Point, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Explorer II, Excalibur 1000, GPX4000, Whites DFX, Surfmaster Dual Field PI, Surfmaster PI Pro, 6000 Di, Compass Gold Scanner Pro, 77b auto, 94b auto, Liberty, Red Heat X

Happened to come across this thread a little late, I have found a couple of large Titanium rings, let me know what the inscription says and I will check :) Will also PM you.

OP
OP
L

ladyv

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2010

Happened to come across this thread a little late, I have found a couple of large Titanium rings, let me know what the inscription says and I will check :) Will also PM you.

Thank you, I have replied to your PM!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread