Lost Meteorite Ring Sacramento Area

silysavg

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2011
Greensburg / Mt. Pleasant, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i, Garrett Masterhunter Ads III, AH Electronics Backpackers I & II for scouting purposes
On my website someone contacted me to see if I could help them find a lost ring. It was lost by someone cutting grass in the Sacramento, Ca. area.
I am in Pennsylvania so I can not be of any help other than maybe find someone in the Sacramento area that may wish to try for some reward money.
Here is the message Teresa wrote me -
"Hello,
My name is Teresa, and my husband lost his meteorite ring while mowing our field with a tractor. He stepped off the tractor, and the ring slid off his finger and hit the metal on the tractor before getting lost. We need someone in the Sacramento, California area. Can you help us find someone?

Thank you,
Teresa"

If someone has a desire to help please contact me and i'll get you some more information.

Silysavg

Here is update from Teresa,
"We are in Orangevale, CA 95662. We have 4 acres in the middle of an older subdivision. We have a White's 6000 XL pro that's about 15 years old. And we can't find it, but we may not be using it correctly either. We know within a 10 foot circle that a ring could have fallen off because my husband stopped the tractor to get off and that's when it fell off.
Thanks,"

Thought this might help.
silysavg

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That is no good, chances are it could have hit the mower deck and vibrated between that and the tractor. Hunting all day the exact spot on the ground would do no good. You should have them check that tractor real good there before they use it anymore until you can source someone to go have a look.

Best of luck, wish I could help.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also contact a member of TheRingFinders.com. There's a member in Brentwood and Discovery Bay who may be willing to make the trip. Make sure you tell them that the ring has a meteorite in it. They read like iron, which most people discriminate out when they setup their detector. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread