Lost my hunting buddy today

veophyte

Jun 1, 2007
My uncle passed away today. He had been an active detectorist since the mid 90's. I actually ended up getting my uncle involved in the hobby and he took to it like a fish to water. He was one of the luckiest detectorist I have ever know because he found so many key dates here in Phoenix its not funny. I will miss those early morning detecting trips in the summer, and having breakfast afterward at his favorite mexican food joint down on 7th ave. I regret not getting out more with him. I found my first barber dime in his presence. He was so excited for me when I found my first v nickle down on McKinley where the new science high school is. My best memories are of the summer of 05 when they tore down the projects off of 7th ave. Every weekend we were out there and we kicked butt. I will miss those days. One thing I promised myself was that I would buy my uncle a new explorer se when I graduated from law school and sadly that will never happen now though he did love his original explorer. I think the main thing that bothers me is he never did get his gold coin so hopefully god has some great detecting grounds and uncle Billy will finally get his gold coin. I know a few months ago he did end getting a barber half which was at the top of his list of coins to find.

I miss you uncle Billy...

Detecting just wont be the same around these parts with out you. Down town Phoenix will not be the same with out that ever prevalent threshold hum coming from your finely tuned explorer. I will be out Sunday morning in your honor at a lot that I know you hit back in the day that was kick butt you told me so... Some good silver came out of this lot and it just got scraped again. May you spend the rest of your days detecting in gods glory and I will see you again one day...

Love your nephew

Cody

tbriglia

Feb 19, 2010
Cody that is very sentimental . I am sorry to hear about your uncle Bill. I am glad however that you were able to share this hobby with him and if you listen closely he may point you in the direction of that gold coin. Make him proud in law school and be the kind of lawyer he would have put on the top of his list as the best of the best. My condolences.

Tim

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm very sorry for your loss. You have wonderful memories of your times together.

FredCobol

Apr 6, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ, White's MXT Pro, White's Coinmaster 2 TR Deluxe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill was definitely one of the good guys.

I can vouch for his luck (or maybe his extreme skill). A couple years ago he came into the club meeting with a 1901-S Barber Quarter (worth over $10,000) that he dug in downtown Phoenix.

We will miss him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions