Lost ring, found!

Apr 7, 2014
MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett AT Pro
My cousin Max was cleaning out the gutters on his roof. While throwing the leaves out, his ring flew off without him realizing it. He sent me a text and needed the assistance of MMD. Four days later, on my lunch break I drove over to his house. I was given some instruction on the area behind the house the ring would have landed. The first target was in the mid 40s on the AT Pro at a very shallow depth. I dug it but it was just a piece of foil. Instead of moving slowly from one end to the other, I decided to do a quick scan of the entire area. It hadn't rained at all since he lost the ring, so chances are it would be a surface find. I reached the end of the area with no convincing signals. As I turned back I was going to take the slow approach. Only a few swings is all it took. I had a strong repeatable signal in the high 50s at two inces. I brushed the grass a bit with my hand and out pops the ring! What a great feeling to find a specific target, and one of such importance. It was a quick hunt, too. Honestly, I think it took me longer to type this out than it did to find the ring, LOL!

Attachments

• 1203141227.jpg
    1203141227.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
Upvote 7

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to read these stories - Great Job!!

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Yea buddy. Looks like you locked in a nice Christmas present. Nice recovery.

sent from a sending device.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread