๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION LOST RING MISSING 3 YRS FOUND AND RETURNED TO OWNER...

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks! Got out yesterday for a bit of hunting. Started out to try and locate a lost ring for a person. They had lost the ring around 3 years ago and had mentioned it to me last winter wondering if I could find it for them. It was not an expensive ring as far as value is concerned ($40 or so) but it had sentimental value to them. When I got there in the morning it was still fairly chilly...about 38 degrees I think. I had to kind of laugh because the owner had siaid he wasn't sure if I would find it. I told him nothing was a guarantee but it was worth a shot and asked him why he thought that I might not find it....He said he wasn't sure if I could find it because he wasn't sure if it was metal. That's when the laughing started. He said he knew it wasn't gold and didn't think it was silver and I told him it didn't matter if it was tungsten, aluminum, copper, brass or otherwise it was still metal and the detector finds metal gold, silver, nails and any other metallic content object. Needless to say about 15 minutes later I knocked on the door and was greeted with the statement of "Are you coming in to warm up already?". I told them that I was coming in to ask a couple of questions about what the ring may look like so that I had a better idea of what I was looking for. They brought out a very similar ring to show me what it looked like. You should've seen the look on their faces when I said that it was an interesting looking ring but the one that was lost was slightly bigger and maybe a little heavier. They got this strange look and said yes I think it was will that cause you any problems...why would you say that you think it may have been bigger and a little heavier. I merely asnwered with the statement of if you look out the back window of your house you will see my detector laying in the yard....it is laying next to where I believe I just recovered your ring.

That's when the realization sat in and we went out to look at the ring and get confirmation that it was in fact the lost ring. I quickly shot a short video clip of the recovery and snapped some quick pictures of the ring after taking a couple of minutes to try and clean it up for them. I then happily handed it back to the rightful owner who was just amazed that it had been found so quick. Gotta love that reaction when they get that special item back that they thought was gone forever!

He related that they had been doing a annual bonfire / cookout and he had taken the ring off to play some beanbag toss games and chase the kids around and that it had fallen out of his pocket at some point. They haven't done the annual party since that year but the ring had sentimental value to him and he had always hoped he would see it again. I guess yesterday was his lucky day...or maybe it was mine. Another chance to use this great hobby to make someones day is always a good thing. Not sure if fate or karma were with me or if I stood alone against the odds but this one ended on a good note regardless!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• grageyard ring.jpg
    grageyard ring.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Teturned.jpg
    Teturned.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments and kind words all!

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery!!

It is kind of fun to string them along for a short time right before you show them you've found their ring.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent story with a little suspense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions