Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello

Has anyone researched the alleged story of Spanish Silver from a Spanish mule train hidden in a well nor sink hole western Kentucky?

The source of the story was allegedly from documents left by a priest in a monestary Spain. There was a group allegedly searching for this treasure. Have anyone heard of this treasure or the people involved?

Crow

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
as a matter of fact I do - WC Jameson - Also author of a book on Buried Treasures of the Appalachians. He is a master treasure hunter. I believe they located the well and ascended to the bottom where they ultimately determined that the loot had sunken even farther than they thought and I think one of the t-hunters (not Jameson) hurt himself. They planned on going back at a later date. Havent heard anything since. Check out the Jonathen Swift Silver forum and there is a good article/read on this story - scan through the old posts - I just read it last week.

webmaster-wcjameson

Sep 7, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crow, I asked WC about your question today and this was the response.

"The sinkhole in question is on private property and permission to conduct the retrieval of the silver there has been denied for years. For the full account of our discovery of this fabulous treasure trove and our adventures related to locating it, you might care to read my book Treasure Hunter: Caches, Curses, and Deadly Confrontations." ~ W.C. Jameson

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too just read that story yesterday. Anyone researching/Mding Henderson area Harps Head Silver? I would like to join up with others to search local treasures (just moved to Henderson bout ayear ago and bought a Whites M6) I have access to over 3000 acres of Private Prop to hunt and have several ghost towns to search as well. So if your in the Tri-State area lets hook up!
Lest you will find is a new friend and that my friends is REAL TREASURE!
Thx
DHaze

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was silver bars found in bell county ky according to steeleys book. np:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread