Lost Treasure and Detectors.

Oct 6, 2015
British Columbia
Detector(s) used
White's TDI Pro and Sierra Madre
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I found a good place to learn about lost treasures are in used book stores, the older and more ignored, the better. Remember too that as the older generation passes, the younger generation tends to sell off all their ****, er stuff for cash, books included. There will always be more old books to fondle and treasure to chase. Old police files are a great way to verify treasure stories. Newspapers aren't as good as their errors are very misleading.

For almost four years I have been seeking to solve the mystery of the missing gold bars of Camp McKinney in BC. I've been using White's TDI Pro and Sierra Madre. The gold bars are perhaps the size of the old VHS cartridges. After almost four years I have made progress and discovered the robbers hardware and dishes stashed in several pits. But the gold bars still elude me. They were hidden for a hoped for return in several months so 119 years has changed the terrain to some degree. Depth appears to be my challenge.

I love the TDI technology and wish it worked deeper. But of course on "deeper" settings I hear everything including hot rocks. The Sierra Madre has helped me in this challenge too but now I need more penetration (no jokes please). The fifteen inch coil has been good but what else could I try? For my targets, three feet or more might be the limit of the Sierra.

I'm open to other systems being used. Who wants to show me what their detectors are capable of? The clues I've learned over my four year quest have convinced me the area is right. Anyone care to be part of the final outcome? Factories and pros take note.

The gold mine where the robbery occurred was operated by a group from Spokane and lies a few miles into Canada. Thankfully the Stickpin fire this summer didn't jump the border and burn the area but one more strong gust of wind could've changed all that.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C M Jimmy: I would suggest looking into the twin box type of detector, such as the White 808. Depending upon the size of the target, they are good to aprox, 20 ft

Course not many refridgerators are buried that deep -- :dontknow::icon_scratch:

Personally I use a 3-d and a Discovery

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread