Lost Wedding Band St. Pete Beach

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting St Pete beach in front of the public parking on the south end of the beach. I had a young lady come up to me and tell me her husband had just lost his wedding band and asked me to look for it for them, I looked for an hour but was unable to locate it. I found lots of change and can slaw around him, but no wedding band.

I told them I would post on Treasure Net for them. It is a white gold band, with the inscription on the inside "Love you sugar dumplin". I have their email address and phone number, if anyone finds it please contact me and I will get the info to you. There is a reward....

Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for pointing this thread out to me Judie!
And I'd be more than happy to go check! :) Can you give me the vicinity that they lost it? Maybe a Sat Image, so I know I'm at the right place...
I might be able to get out today or tomorrow....

Oh, and do you know when it was lost? And was it lost in the water or on the dry sand?
Any additional info would be appreciated. :wink:

Bran <><

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah !! brando and i wll for sure try and find it.. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good reason to get out to the beach, eh Kells? ;D

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excal/pirate said:
bran wish you lots of luck i was at st pete a month ago and theres alot of mds hunting the dry sand they hunt all day even when the beach is crowded

Yeah, I've met one vacationing chic MDing out there back in March. So far, both times I've been (on the North end), I haven't seen anyone else MDing. If it's too crowded, it's pretty difficult to get to the good areas anyway. We'll see what happens though....

Bran <><

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to the public parking on the south end of St Pete beach and walk straight out from the wooden walk way from the North shower it will be straight out.

Latitude 27°43'16.74"N / Longitude 82°44'32.75"W is very close to it. Wave action was from the NW so it would have moved to the SE. From that point work your way south.............. That is the best I can do, as there is not really a landmark, there was a beautiful Oriental girl in a white bikini, ;D (Japanese I believe) who was in the water in front of where it was lost, but she left before I did.

I felt sorry for the couple and really wanted to recover it for them, there was lots of targets where he was at in the water chest deep at little past low tide, but all I could recover there was can slaw and coins.....I looked for over an hour before giving up and moving on.

It was lost Saturday afternoon, about 12:30 pm in chest deep water (4.5-5 foot)..................It will be anywhere from straight out from the north walkway (shower) from the parking lot and then work your way south as you hunt..It could have moved a 100 feet south, who knows, waves were 1.5 foot at times.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting all the info Treasure_Hunter hopefully someone here finds it and gets it back to them.

Gold is gold, we find it, we sell it off and the memory is gone, but returning something we find stays with us forever.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
If you go to the public parking on the south end of St Pete beach and walk straight out from the wooden walk way from the North shower it will be straight out.

Latitude 27°43'16.74"N / Longitude 82°44'32.75"W is very close to it. Wave action was from the NW so it would have moved to the SE. From that point work your way south.............. That is the best I can do, as there is not really a landmark, there was a beautiful Oriental girl in a white bikini, ;D (Japanese I believe) who was in the water in front of where it was lost, but she left before I did.

I felt sorry for the couple and really wanted to recover it for them, there was lots of targets where he was at in the water chest deep at little past low tide, but all I could recover there was can slaw and coins.....I looked for over an hour before giving up and moving on.

It was lost Saturday afternoon, about 12:30 pm in chest deep water (4.5-5 foot)..................It will be anywhere from straight out from the north walkway (shower) from the parking lot and then work your way south as you hunt..It could have moved a 100 feet south, who knows, waves were 1.5 foot at times.

Alright, I appreciate the info! I found the coordinates and stuck a pushpin in it... this should be the spot!

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

I can't go too far in the water, since my machine is made for the land... but I'll do what I can, and I'll try to grid the dry sand and see what can be found. Maybe I can detect along the tide line at low tide? If we can find it, I'd be happy if he just gets his ring back. I know I would hope for the same thing if I ever lost one....

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread