LOST WEDDING RING - OAHU - HELP!

K

Kimbo

Are there any treasure hunters out there who live on Oahu?? I recently lost my wedding ring and I have no idea where to turn except to someone with a metal detector that can search under water. I was in a lagoon at Ko'Olina when I lost it two days ago, and I am heartbroken. A wave came in and knocked me backward, and as I fell I felt my ring tumbling off. :'( :'( :'( :'(

If anyone can help me, I would be forever grateful! -Kim-

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yikes! Sorry to hear about that. Are you still there? Would you be able to snorkel? If its possible it landed on coral or rock, you might see it. If it fell into a sandy spot you'll need a detector. I'd love to help, but you're just a -little- bit far...

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Sure wish I could help with that one. If nothing else perhaps there's a local place where you can rent a detector and give it a try yourself. Just don't wait too long. Good luck.

rico

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2004
Hi Kim I'm from Oahu but am presently in the Philippines. I know that area around Ko'olina and wish I could help you out. I don't know if he is still around but try to find Gary Brown, he used to sell metal detectors, and possibly he can help or steer you to someone who can. Also you may just try going to Waikiki where there are people in and out of the water with detectors and maybe if you give them a lift to Ko'olina they will be glad to help. Best of luck and aloha. Rico

OP
OP
K

Kimbo

Thank you for your sympathy and your suggestions - they are greatly appreciated! I, too, wish one or all of you were closer. You seem like wonderful people and it would have been nice to make a new friend, too. :) I just moved here two months ago. The sand is very loose where I was standing and we have gone back every morning with snorkles and even a sifter, but I'm so afraid we're walking all over it and burying it deeper. :( I did find one Gary Brown, thankfully, in the phone book, and I am going to give him a call when it is a decent hour.

Just as an interesting note, and why I still believe I will find this ring - I lost it once before after a long day of running errands. After retracing my steps for hours, I finally located it in the last place I assured my husband we were going to look (it was 2:00 a.m.!) - it was sitting next to an egg when I opened the last carton to look inside just before we left! That was a miracle from above, and I feel like I am going to get another miracle! Just believe! :) Thanks again, everyone! -Kim-

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow-- I'll be checking the egg cartons a little more closely from now on! ;)

When you find that ring you might consider having it resized a little smaller! There are also spring-fitted inserts a jeweler could mount inside the band so it doesn't fall off again. Just a thought...

...and please keep us posted-- we love to see happy endings to these stories!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread