Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Find a gang banger in your area, I'm sure he could get that car started no problem. Then you can drive to the dealership and your good to go!!! Good Luck.

Problem was that there were about 20 gang bangers hanging out. Stupid mistake, but they held back because when I carried out the sofa with it resting on my head (company had something against dollies) as well as the rest of the living room ... down a flight of stairs ... they weren't sure they were up to it.

I laugh at the car repo guys on TV, all put on.

I always had to get permission to enter the residence to get my property back - customer had to give me permission to take it or I had to go to court and get a replevins -- so I can tell you those guys and their TV shows are scripted. Multiple violations of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried it. Didn't work. No key. Found a toaster, though! :) More repo/ring stories. They are too good.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I tried it. Didn't work. No key. Found a toaster, though! :) More repo/ring stories. They are too good.

Don't have any more with lost car keys, but I have carried a couch out the door when the woman ran and jumped on the couch to try to prevent us from taking it out the door ...

Back then I was doing Rent-To-Own account management. Lots of stories, and at all times I was staying within FDCPA guidelines.

In all that time, I was only shot at once ... by an employee of the local Police Department because he didn't feel he had to pay for what he got. He left the freezer under the carport, was 30 days late (7 days late was grounds to repo back then) unloaded the freezer and shoved it into my van. When I closed the doors loudly, woke him up and he shot at me as I pulled around the corner ... he shot at me with a wrist rocket slingshot. Left a nice mark on the van ... our company emblem was a roadrunner and he hit it.

I loved the repo business. Did it for over 15 years. Lots of crazy stories. Even the unsuccessful attempts were funny. Went to repo a whole house of furniture in the projects when the woman called the cops. Cops show up, tell her that we have a right to take the property and that if she doesn't allow us to take the property that she would still have to surrender it when we got a replevins. She then proceeded to grab a pool stick and start hitting me with it. I asked the two white cops to make her stop and all they said was: "Don't hit her!" There was a nice little crowd of about 30 people who had gathered to see what all the noise was about ... the cops were trying to avoid a riot so they encouraged me not to hit her back. We went to court, got our replevins and the judge made those two cops go with me and move the furniture into the truck for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread