nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of vintage hats today- PICS ADDED

About once a week I run by the local little thrift shop and check what they are getting rid of. They usually leave decent stuff in boxes by the dumpster but the last several weeks have been throwing it all in there. Stopped by today and there was a huge garbage bag sitting on top of all the other junk. It was FULL of hats. I have quite the hat collection, so decided to look through and see if there was any Id wear. There were several hundred hats in this bag. Right away I realized they were older. I started coming across a ton of vintage "Ranger Boats flippin, AR" hats and a ton of other vintage brand fishing hats. Also a lot of "Fisher" vintage hats. Fisher is a brand of metal detectors. I ended up with around 20 vintage Ranger boats, 25 vintage Fisher hats, and several other vintage fishing gear hats. Also several hats that are vintage Snapper,Massey Ferguson, and a couple other agricultural brand names. I should be able to get between $5-$10 each for these on ebay. So have around $300-$400 worth! No bad bad score for free.

Also had a big bag of shoes and inside was a heavy pair of leather steel toed boots. Once I got them home, I looked them over and they are Pervus brand Firefighting boots!. Heavy black leather with black leather pull on handles. The toes over the steel toe aare ripped and torn which commonly happens with steel toed boots, but the soles are very good, and they have no other issues. I just wish they were my size, but doubt I can fit these 9.5m boots on my 13w foot

Here are pictures of some of the hats. The bag had a bunch of saw dust in it so I need to clean the hats. After looking on ebay, I think some of these may be worth more than I first thought and Im really regretting not grabbing the entire bag. I probably left 100-200 hats that are all the vintage trucker style hats of oddball stuff like machinery co, valve co, etc. Looks like I could sell them on ebay as a big lot and get a good amount even for the off name ones

IMG_1759_zpsd990ab11.jpg
IMG_1760_zps3db50074.jpg
IMG_1761_zps382af49b.jpg
IMG_1762_zps2ed55833.jpg
IMG_1764_zpsfe447de6.jpg
IMG_1765_zps3189567b.jpg
And, doubt its worth anything but thought it was funny
IMG_1763_zps049781e1.jpg

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! That strike king hat should go good especially. I'd be heading back to get the rest if you could.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... I think I know a website where you can offload those Fisher hats...

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
You did GOOD and it didn't cost you anything! My kind of deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread