Lots of change in local park!

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a nice pile of change in the local park this afternoon with my sweetie. Was all in about a 10 foot circle and all 1999 and earlier. :coins: 2 dimes, 14 nickels, 27 pennies, 1 hunk of steel, some copper wire, a few pulltabs, 1 cut off bolt, a few pull tabs and a 22 round.

IMAG0216.jpg

Upvote 0

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's saturation detecting!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. Judging on your finds I would bet there is someone else hunting that park with their detector s discrimination set high enough to knock out nickels, and they don't dig their penny signals. So lots of pennies and nickels left behind, and an occasional dime that sometimes sounds like a penny. That's okay they are leaving plenty for you including the potential to find gold rings since they come in at the foil or nickle range and would also be bypassed by the other hunter.

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have done some research on the park ive been searching and I know the land was occupied by a home owner back in the 1800's so I know theres potential there for something great. Its only been a public park since the 1950's, but i know the small woods thats still on the property have been there since the 1800's as well and not planted. I will have to wait till it gets cooler and the vegitation dies back a bit before I can get into the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread