mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I try to get into a campground today to look for a lost ring but the owner of the campgrounds would not let me in to look for it.
So I just headed north and hit the first tot lot that I came to. Hunted it for a hour and a half then headed out for another one. I hunted 3 different places today and I put around 100 mileson the car round trip. The take for the day was.

1 2000 dollar
11 Quarters
32 Dimes
18 Nickels
78 Pennies
1 Junk ring

Got a grand total of $8.43 in clad. Not bad for being gone for 5 hours.

On my way home I saw a detectorist in the park in a town before mine. So I stop to chat for a while. He was new at detecting and ask me for some tips. He was digging in this hard ground and had blisters on his hand. I told him first thing was to wait for a good rain before he digs in the park ground. Do not want they to get mad if the plugs comes out when they cut the grass because it was so dry and hard. I told him to hunt the tot lots and volley ball pits.
Plus he was dising out pull tabs and nickels I told him he would have to dig tabs and nickels if he wanted to find rings. I took off my wedding band and threw it on the ground and told him to see what his detector would register it as. His detector would not pick it up. We did the same for the nickel. Same thing happen.

We talked about detecting and also water detecting. I gave him one of my cards and told him to give me a call and we will go out one day and maybe I can help him to finds more coins. Plus I will take him out to do some beaches somewhere. So now I will wait to see if he calls for a day of detecting.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread