Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decided to head north to hunt a park with my bro so I decided to wear shorts cuz after all it is mid-March in Michigan! So I get there and the park is closed? WTH? So I call my brother to let him know and he says he knows a place. Meanwhile, I told him about a place I passed on the way up that was night too far. Late 1800s early 1900s - Hard to tell cuz the structure was mostly on the ground. Nice site that I would like to go back too-when I am dressed for it! Tons of thorns and pokers. I'm talking thornies that had a mind of there own and apparently didn't like to be bothered so they would strike at you whenever they got the chance. There wer lots of targets - mostly junk but didn't stay long as I was literally bleeding from head to shin. Did find one relic that I a thinking could be a flag holder or something similar. The brass nails were still in it (but not in pics). Curious about the angle though because in would not have fit on verticle side of house. There is a name "Judd" on the object. Sorry no bloody pictures, but trust me I still feel it today.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 207

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should put it on the "what is it?" and see what happens....It took me 15 min. to get all the stiggers out of my socks and shorts.....and I do spot blood on your finger.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting piece - good luck on the ID!!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too small for a flag holder unless the flag pole was smaller than your fingers. Looks modern. Bring it to the meeting. Next time blood pics too! :tongue3:

OP
OP
mjc_lakedweller

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm really counting on there NOT BEING A NEXT TIME! itches too much today. :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to say maybe a broken hog scraper. And watch out for the ticks I've picked several off of myself at work already (I'm in the woods a lot).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread