cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of yard sales, in the last 4 Saturdays I bought silver coins in 3 of them. I know silver has dropped about $3 during that time and I kind of feel it has bottomed out, but you never know.

Anyway since I always buy at yard sales I set my price and I try to pay pretty fair. I have not bought a silver coin at a coin store in 40 years so I do not know what they sell for.

I think it is time to sell off some of my recent purchases. What would be a good price to ask on other chat groups? I have heard that coin stores ask premiums when selling silver.

Right now $1 in quarters is worth $14.20 in silver. What would be a good price to ask that is fair to all? I know $14.20 would be great but I need to make a little profit.

I just tried to find the place, on t-net, where I have sold in the past and i had to go down 3 or 4 layers and then found out I could not post.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I do a lot of yard sales, in the last 4 Saturdays I bought silver coins in 3 of them. I know silver has dropped about $3 during that time and I kind of feel it has bottomed out, but you never know.

Anyway since I always buy at yard sales I set my price and I try to pay pretty fair. I have not bought a silver coin at a coin store in 40 years so I do not know what they sell for.

I think it is time to sell off some of my recent purchases. What would be a good price to ask on other chat groups? I have heard that coin stores ask premiums when selling silver.

Right now $1 in quarters is worth $14.20 in silver. What would be a good price to ask that is fair to all? I know $14.20 would be great but I need to make a little profit.

I just tried to find the place, on t-net, where I have sold in the past and i had to go down 3 or 4 layers and then found out I could not post.

You might want to consider a local coin club or such. I know TreasurePirate has posted about one in his area and from what I remember they were selling junk silver for quite a bit above spot quite easily. You could find out what your local stores sell junk silver for and beat that price by a bit and you would probably sell out fairly quick.

PS My local coin stores are paying around 14.50 and sell for 16.50 or so right now.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread