Lots of snow but something cool

stewystarr

May 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
Been itchin to get out but the snow is still prety deep in my hunting spots. I went to try and locate some new places today and I came across this. Looks to me like it may have been one of those barns that had a hill built up to the second floor. They were real popular around these parts. Looks to be made of flat stone then at some time was cemented over. What do you make of it? It is about 30 feet wide and maybe 8 feet high. I do not know if it may hav been higher at one point.

Attachments

• glandsruddrd 001.JPG
    glandsruddrd 001.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 626
  • glandsruddrd 002.JPG
    glandsruddrd 002.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 642
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
I'm not sure. But looks like an adventure when you are able to start hunting.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We still have a few barns here that are surrounded by mounds of dirt all you can see is the roofs and just a little of the stone foundation on top of the hills, the farmers drive there equipment down a incline to the floor through the barn doors why they were built that way is beyond me :icon_scratch: thats got to be old good hunting :icon_thumleft:

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
You found the barn so look around as there may be an old house cellar hole in that area too.

OP
OP
stewystarr

stewystarr

May 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
Thanks for the replies, Can't wait to start hunting. Got out a little today but the snow is too deep in my prefered areas. I did find 2 more cellar holes though. I live in an area that seems to be pretty virgin, not alot of detectorists around here, except a few who go out once a year or so. I pulled over $200.00 out of one school yard 2 summers ago, and about $100.00 from the same place last year. I am looking to get into the older places this year so I can find more of the older coins.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i hade a place like there around me id be there night and day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread