Lots of targets

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Lots of targets this morning for the short time I was out there but unfortunately nothing any good. I did find another hoop earring of no value, a nail, a screw, the usual pull tabs and a couple of tools (sockets). They look brand new too so they haven't been in the water for long. Beats me what they were doing there in the first place. And a grand total of 36 cents this morning. Ah well tomorrow is another day! :wink:

MoneynJunk090209.jpg

Tools090209.jpg

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Mumszie, :hello2:

There's a boater's beach close to home here and I have a nice collection of stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers and quite a few nice tools. Sand gobbles up stuff amazingly well.

Lots of targets...always beats few targets (everything else being equal). I use the junk hits for practice ID'ing targets with my Surf PI. Nails and bobby pins are a cinch..but now I can fairly reliably ID bottle caps and am able to discern denomination from cent, dime and quarter...nickels a bit iffy still.

Gotta love this hobby!

HH Joe

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess he forgot they were in his pocket? ???

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You were in the water detecting...

It was another great day for you!

By the way... salt water has amazing magnetic characteristics when it comes to stainless steel and tools. I can drop a tool or a stainless bolt in my bilges and it will magically bounce up the ladder, onto the deck and over the lifeline's in three bounces or less. The sockets were probably in the back of a pickup truck in the parking lot when they fell out and were victimized by the magnetic properties of saltwater.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread