Lots of treasures waiting to be dug and no detector!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might get removed by the mods but here goes anyway. The better half and I are traveling through Europe and all I can wonder about are all the treasures under the ground and no detector! I have seen others in Europe posting great finds, but the boss said no detector on her bucket list trip. Guess it will have to wait till we get back home.

Upvote 3

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's why she's called THE BETTER HALF.
What makes you think you can just come and help yourself, anyway? :-)

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well a wife gives sound advice. 99% sound and 1% advice. The laws over there are strict anyway. You are probably safer without it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never that simple, as Europe has massive variations of Laws on detecting. So unless you study each country, you would be breaking any amount of Laws. Plus all of the EU have Regs on exporting cultural goods. Weeks of paperwork before your item leaves the Country.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was just a thought. Anyway the way your luggage gets thrown around in transport, I would be afraid to pack a good detector to bring along

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
This might get removed by the mods but here goes anyway. The better half and I are traveling through Europe and all I can wonder about are all the treasures under the ground and no detector! I have seen others in Europe posting great finds, but the boss said no detector on her bucket list trip. Guess it will have to wait till we get back home.

Dude, screw that. I am in Italy right now, if you are near you can drop by and just barrow one. I have many, just mail it back to me from what ever airport you fly out of, it is only like 5 bucks to ship.

Next week I will be in Hamburg Germany, if you are near there PM me and let me know so I can bring an extra one.

Addicts support addicts.

Whats the worst that could happen, you could steal it. I doubt it if your wife did not let you bring yours.

But seriously I have many, however you get caught doing something you should not be doing it is on you, just as if you find tons of gold too, that is on you as well. I can even give some good places to hunt if you like.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you want marital tranquility you have a choice of a couple replies.
"Yes Dear" or "Yes Dear".
You could substitute girl watching as a hobby , but the Mrs. might complain if you keep asking her to take pictures.....

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple! Just lose the director on one of the round-a-bouts and then go link up with one of many T-netters over there! She'll be tied up for HOURS! Plenty of time! LOL

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could scour the internet for local clubs. Maybe make a friend, especially if you offer the same kindness stateside. Near any beaches? Usually beaches are fair game, for modern finds. Just my .02 cents

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy spouse happy house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pin pointer fits neatly in my shaving kit! :laughing7:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't that easy as it looks sometimes. First the laws about detecting and second you need well grounded knowledge where to hunt. Some areas are better than others, nice finds can be everywhere, but grabbing the detector and swing ahead will not give you the finds you may expect. Best is a buddy who knows about the laws, has permission to sites and can invite you for a hunt.

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was in Europe just the other month and same thing! Nothing but open countryside and ruins everywhere yet no detector! What a curse haha

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While on a bus trip from Passau, Germany to Salzburg, Austria the other day, I saw someone in a field with what looked like an AT Pro. Was it you?
It isn't that easy as it looks sometimes. First the laws about detecting and second you need well grounded knowledge where to hunt. Some areas are better than others, nice finds can be everywhere, but grabbing the detector and swing ahead will not give you the finds you may expect. Best is a buddy who knows about the laws, has permission to sites and can invite you for a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread