Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothin much fallin today though. We had a storm come in over MLK weekend and we're pretty much cleaned up from that. CDOT says it was the worst event in 100yrs. (Don't know about that claim) Town of Dillon's municipal diesel supply ran out so snow plows had to fill up at local gas stations. I think winter is just now starting for us. Kudos to CDOT and Frisco street department. I was able to make it to work easy and only one of my trucks got delayed.
1-25aa.jpg
1-25bb.jpg
1-25cc.jpg
1-25ee.jpg
1-25ff.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Colorado gold rush 🎿. I ain't to sure about that 100 year claim though.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the roofs held up and hopefully all is safe.
Thank you for sharing

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I ain't sure about that claim, TR. One time I-70 got shut down for a few days since I've been here, and I've seen a lot more snow. Maybe not that much snow billb, I couldn't really gauge it cause the wind blew it around. I can say a foot here in the valley for sure just havin to shovel it, so not that big a deal for us. Resort estimates will be higher.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I ain't sure about that claim, TR. One time I-70 got shut down for a few days since I've been here, and I've seen a lot more snow. Maybe not that much snow billb, I couldn't really gauge it cause the wind blew it around. I can say a foot here in the valley for sure just havin to shovel it, so not that big a deal for us. Resort estimates will be higher.
Seems it snowed a bunch more in the later 1970s when I first moved to Leadville in 1977. I'd be digging a walkway to my IH Scout and by March I'd have a 3ft wide canyon of snow over my head that was leading to my old Scout. Also they seeded the clouds back then, inorder to bring more snow to the slopes I believe, but that ended when the farmers on the eastern plains said that was screwing up the rain patterns where they needed it. Not sure that was all a fact, but that was the talk going around back then that I recall. Snow back then was so fierce and charged with electricity sometimes it be thunder and lightning in huge boomers along the mosquito range. You couldn't see the bolts of lighting through all that snow coming down, but all around would liteup and then was followed with a big ka-boom. One time I was driving through a big snow storm at night between Climax and Leadville, my radio just went to a blaring static. I stopped to relieve myself and herd what sounded like a faint sound of an arc welder coming from somewhere of my vehicle. I followed with my ear close to the front of the vehicle which got louder towards the passenger side. It was coming from what I thought under the hood by the font windshield. I was thinking I had some kind of arcing wires going on. Then I noticed the antenna for my radio had the halo of fine blue arcs all around the ball on top of the antenna. It was that static charge, known as Saint Elmos Fire just constantly flaming at the top off my antenna. Looking back it would've sure been nice to have a phone that could go everywhere and take pictures to document that site.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread