Louisana cuff button I .D help

D

Darla

Marc, Jeff, anyone, hope all is well it has been a long time. I was hoping you guys could put me in touch with a button expert here in Texas or some one that might have a refrence on a new button I found. I was told by our local club members is that it is a Louisana infantry melitia cuff button. The camera isn't working otherwise i would take a picture for you. It is deffinately a cuff side button and it has a pelican over a cannon, their is no words or letters on the front. The button is flat and has no back mark, shank is in tact. I was told by the guys in the club that it dates back around 1812 or before.

Any Ideas!!!!!!!!!

Darla in Texas :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Darla

Marc,

The button measures 1/2 in accross and is flat like a coin with no back mark. The front is a pelican sitting on a cannon with 10 cannon balls in a triangle on the right side. No words on the button. I was told by a few of the club members that it was a Louisana Artillary infantry cuff button. One of the members looked it up ia a button book that he has and also identifyed it as so. But I can't seem to get a value or find a refrence on the internet. The members said they had never seen one in person in the 30+ years that they have been detecting and that it was valuable. It always seems to be my problem that I find odd thing that nobody has seen like the servants button and republica Mexicana military button that ZI found about a 1yr ago now. I am hoping if I can't make a positive i.d. on the button that somebody at the national convention in Tyler Texas in march can identify it.

Good to here from you Marc!!!!!!!!!I hope you have been finding lots....

Darla

OP
OP
D

Darla

Darla said:
snowqueen,
I live about 4 hours from the Louisana border, in the out skirts of Houston Texas, you should have some good places to hunt in Louisana, I envy you, you are probably pretty close to Mansfield which i would love to detect. You may want to look into a local metal detecting club near your home, I belong to one here and we have a lot of fun on club hunts as well as showing our finds. It also helps when you want to identify something and you are not so sure what it is. welcome to the hobby

Darla
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread