Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Louisiana Bayou Hunt – Date Set!

April 18, 19, and 20, 2008 – Friday through Sunday

This will be a private land hunt on approximately 85 of my 90 acres. This includes two homesites from the early-to-mid 1900s, trash pits, woods and open fields, which were planted in cotton for 90 years. The homesites include my grandparents’ first home, which they occupied from 1916 until 1920, and another right on the bayou, which was used for the farm foreman and his family in the 1920s-50s.

In addition to this site, I will be securing others in the village which have some historical background. Have to get written permission first before I post them.

Camping is available on the land if you bring your own tents, etc. Porta-potties will be provided, of course. You may camp in the woods or the fields, your choice. For those wishing more modern conveniences, there are two hotels within 10 miles; many more if you wish to go 25 miles to the big city.

Temperatures average in the high 70s, with lows in the lower 50s, during April in north Louisiana. Early April showers are the norm, so the soil should be decent for digging.

Most meals will be served onsite, and I promise you won’t leave hungry.

Just wanting to get a feel for how many plan on coming before I go into more details (mainly because I haven’t worked them out yet.) If you’re interested, please post a response.

By the way, this hunt has also been posted under the Member Hunts section, not just for Louisianians.

Thanks,
Noodle

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Noodle, This date sounds good to me. My wife's parents live in Crowville, which is close to you. If you are still in agriculture, you will probably know her Dad. Let us know how to help or what to provide. Will bring probes to check for privies. There will be four in our party. Will provide any additional information, if needed, via email.

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great, Gray Cloud! So great to hear you and the Mrs. will be here! Be sure to go to the TM Members Hunts for the latest details. But I will keep you informed!

The hunt will concentrate on our property just east of Archibald. I'll post pics and details at the Members Hunt site. Good response so far! I also am getting permissions from others in the Richland Parish area which are interesting historical sites.

Stay tuned..... !!! -Noodle

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Where exactly will this take place? I am trying to figure out how far from Dallas this is, and to take off work to go to this event...
Thanks,
Baggins

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baggins,

Would love to see you there. I can answer for Noodle...it's right off I-20 at Rayville. Mapquest (I believe uses PO as a central starting and ending point) So it says 307.30 miles and 4 hrs, 43 mins. That's really a short distance. The last 2 hunts MO & KS were like 14 hrs and 12 hrs for me. I'm 3 hrs south off I-55 from Noodle.

;) RR

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Thanks RR! I appreciate the info....I am really going to try and clear my calendar for that weekend! I have a new tent that has not seen any use yet, and would be a great excuse to get out and use it!
Baggins

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
I am planning on being there with Gray Cloud. I live about an hour and a half from the site and would like to have a room at the Cotten Patch Motel but I am willing to commute if there is a shortage of rooms for the long distance travelers. Thanks Tensas.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
noodle i know im bouncing all over the forum, if you need any help dont be shy. my hubby has prior commitments for those dates. man to come down there out of the south artic(michigan) sounds great but no can do. have a special place in my heart for the folks in your area. met a bunch of guys and gals about 20 yrs ago up here they were from lk. charles area. they were doodle bugging for oil up here. great bunch. hung with them for about 2 yrs. made me feel real welcome. ive had la. cuisine that most people never get a chance to eat. if jo'el sonnoir? was down there singing while we md i would tell the old man to heck with you im on the next plane out . haha take care some of those historical sites your lining up has my mouth watering. keep up the good work and i hope everyone appreciates the effort your going to. goldie

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Goldie! We would sure love for you to come down! I can't get Jo-El personally, but he'll be loud and strong through the CDs! Lots of Louisiana cuisine gonna be floatin' around: crawfish, shrimp, gumbo, deer chili, etc. You better reconsider! ;D We'll think of you up there in the icebox while we're basking in the warm LA sunshine! :) :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Goldie,

Come on down any old time you wish, with our southern hospitality...we'll welcome you with open arms. Wish you could make it for the hunt, but keep reading the hunt forum, we'll be posting loads of pics. I'm busy keeping everybody entertained on the forum with the Lagniappe (a little something extra) and the Boudreaux jokes.

;) RR

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Well. what about Tim McGraw? He grew up less than ten miles from the Noodle Estate. Kick Brooks has a camp about forty five Miles South of the hunt. Dena Carta's family are from Winnsboro, less than twenty miles South. Jerry Lee Lewis and Micky Gilly are from Ferriday, about an hours drive South. There are some dang good BLUEGRASS musicians and singers from Catahoula parish, about forty mile South. I know some of them personally, but that's the problem, THE WONT RETURN MY CALLS... I play a mean radio, Bose in Pickup...

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
GrayCloud said:
Bose in Pickup...

Dang, that's cool!!! Mean!! Yeah, we gotta lot of country boys and girls from around here! Only one I've had any conversation with was Kix Brooks. Nice guy; all telephone, though. No personal meeting.

A Bose in your pickup?? :D ;D :D :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy just listening to a fiddle player. ;D