Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Cross Keys Plantation, comprising approximately 1,453 acres, was acquired by William W. Watson, husband of Anna McCall Watson, from Thomas R. Sutton and Thomas B. Kempe on November 15, 1853, for $52,000. At least a portion, if not all, of the main plantation residence existed at the time of the sale. The name "Cross Keys" was given to the plantation at the time of its purchase by Mr. Watson and his partner, Dr. Asa P. Jones, who was his brother-in-law, being the widower of his sister, Olive, who had died in 1848.
William W. Watson was the son of James H. and Anna Maria Cable Watson who owned the Waterloo Plantation in Jefferson County, Mississippi. William W. Watson and his father-in-law, Dugald G. McCall, had previously acquired the Clio Plantation, just across the river from Rodney, Mississippi, and apparently lived on the Clio Plantation at the time of his purchase of Cross Keys. Clio Plantation has since been taken by erosion of the Mississippi River.

http://www.tulane.edu/~lmiller/WATSON.HTM

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That token has history that might make it quite valuable. Kind of like finding a slave tag.
I thought it was for a two bit hooker named Clio! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Kieth-Tx

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinshooter...you ain't right! You made me spill my coffee!!! :D I have looked at that token lots of times and dang it....I wish I had thought of that!!! I will remember that though.

Mackadon, Seger and Woody...thanks for the comments and info. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread