VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman and I received a special invitation several months ago from Buckleboy to come down and hunt with him, Diggergirl, and Shane in Southern Louisiana. He has spent hundreds of hours researching and searching fields for productive sites there. He had gumbo waiting along with a great meal ready for us upon our arrival. We had a great time finally seeing his LA finds.
His plan for us was to start the next day with a CW skirmish site where he felt sure we could dig a few relics. Unfortunately, Diggergirl and Shane couldn’t join us that day but we did get to hunt with them later. The CW site produced exactly what he said it would-artillery frags and other relics. Dman dug 3 frags, Buckleboy recovered a large canister ball & fired round ball, and I dug a frag and iron canister ball.
After an especially enjoyable lunch at a local eatery, we hit a cane field where an old plantation home and associated outbuildings were located as evidenced by the broken red bricks. I hadn’t been there 5 minutes walking the muddy cane row when I had a solid “64” on my F75. It was about two thirds of a brass spur. Doug found brass relics with his best find being a N & W RR button. BB’s best find on day 1 was a nice brass ladies sash buckle. I had the only coin that day-1897 “V” nickel properly cleaned by BB.
This was just day1. BB graciously agreed to chronicle the next hunts. His knowledge of the enormous acreage, local history, and delicious cuisine was impressive. We genuinely enjoyed the experience and this may become an annual event. Thanks BB and we hope we can return the favor. Enjoy the video, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0274 (595x640).jpg
    DSCN0274 (595x640).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 7

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds buddy.Sounds like yaw had a great time.Congrats

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good times in Southern Louisiana. Enjoy! Oh, try & get some Mardi Gras King Cake while y'all are here. Happy Hunting!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like BB put ya'll on target............You found some really cool stuff, And Bud your video's always rock!
Hop ya find the jackpot tomarrow!.............HH

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks JB, RR, & Greg. We had a super visit and the relics were a bonus. The vastness of flat land without springs, wells, trees, & hills normally marking an old home site are devoid. It takes a trained eye to spot the old brick in a 100 acre field and boots on the ground to scout the brick patch. BB has earned all the relics and coins he's dug there. HH, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy,
You couldn't have picked a better song for that video. Hilarious!
Tell Dman that all that beauty rest isn't working too well in his case. :-)
Looks like a fun time, but that field with those deep rows, mud, and water sure look tough to hunt. You guys are a tough crowd though.
You mentioned, "not for the AARP crowd" though. Is the the "Antique And Relic Prospectors" group?
Great job guys, glad you all were able to hook up.
Congrats,
Dug

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my pleasure to host you boys down here. After maintaining close contact via phone for years, we were long overdue for meeting up for a hunt. There was a star relic find dug every day, which is par for the course down here. If I can scrounge up more of that Tiffany manufactured spur I'll mail it to ya. Glad you enjoyed the food and finds, and now you guys know what it's like here in the mud, standing water, and cane rows. Each day of hunting just got better, and the day 3 finale close to dark surprised the hell out of me. Can't wait to get those videos edited up and posted!

Best Wishes,

Buck

P.S.--Next trip y'all make will be in the summer, right? :D

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoyed meeting you guys and hunting with yall. Thanks again for the "piece of home" bottle of Jack D that you brought me!! Congrats on the finds and look forward to another hunt in the future and to hear Dman tell the same jokes again;)~~~Shane

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt guys, looks like them cane fields would work you over. Good digging guys. HH

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How fun is that! I was starving after seeing all that food ! Nice job all of you.I am sure the time went fast and the stories were many. Looks like you guys did really well also. Good pair of insulated rubber boats looks like the ticket. Bet you could flush ducks out of some of those fields. Great video,finds and music. It looks like those fields will produce for many years. Thanks for sharing.Looking forward to the finale.
HH
TnMtns

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Looks like you guys had a great time Quindy. Loved the video and can't wait to hear the details. Glad you and Dman got to go. Tennessee digger

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooo Hooo! It looks like y'all had a great time in Louziana. The video was great, and I loved the music! Congrats on finding some cool relics, and ^5 to Buckles for having you and serving that Southern ice tea in long neck bottles! :laughing7: Breezie

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That was a lot of fun. I have never wrestled a gator before but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. One of my favorite highlights was seeing that Bald Eagle up close. I want to buy a Minelab and I hope this does not get moved because of it.
Dman

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome guys. Ain't nothing like getting with friends and detecting. Good finds, recently found a 1906 V nickel myself. So we're on the board with V nickels this year, Quindy. lol It's only up from there! HH!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice and you all picked some good ol Jerry Reed as a sound track. Enjoyed you alls adventure and looking forward to tomorrows Cane Field Pelican crew two video!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MM, We thought of you on Friday when Shane dug an old lipstick tube-LOL. It was a great adventure and the relics were just a bonus. We both enjoyed talking to you on the way home. Hope you got the SUV fumigated-LOL. HH, Q.

BB, we'll come back to hunt in the heat of the summer if Dman can come up with 2 surplus air conditioned NASA astronaut suits-LOL. Hope you get back out soon and tell the restaurant owner how much we enjoyed meeting him and enjoyed the food he made, Q.

Shane, I knew you two would hit it off. No encouragement for Dman to tell the same old jokes again. In fact, I plan to wear headphones the next time we all hunt together to drown out all the laughter-LOL. HH, Q.

G2D, it was tough but the potential really kept you going as you will see in BB's upcoming videos. We calculated we hunted 7 hard hours a day. HH, Quindy.

Richard B., they are passionate about duck hunting there and a bunch of people wear Camo all the time. We did see a Bald Eagle standing near the road and it looked 3 ft. tall. That's the closest any of us had been to one in the wild. Of course, all the cameras were in the back of BB's SUV. Thanks, Q.

It was a fun trip Donnie as I explained to you tonight. We saw some people from Gallatin on the way back. We'll talk this weekend about a hunt next week, Q.

Breezie, that iced tea really tasted good after a hard day hunting too-LOL. HH, Q.

Dman, it was VERY apparent that you had a good time-LOL. Gator Bait!!

We can only go up for sure Matt. I liked your "2012" post. You should be proud of your first year hunting. Your finds were indeed impressive. HH, Q.

Richard W., this was a different hunting experience for us. The cane rows were narrow and your detector swing had to be arched and short. You had 5# sticky mud on each rubber boot and on your shovel. Thanks for looking my friend. I eagerly await you next hunt post, Q.

Bird, you will enjoy BB's next videos. There was a very nice last day find a little before the rain began near dark. HH, Q.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB, we'll come back to hunt in the heat of the summer if Dman can come up with 2 surplus air conditioned NASA astronaut suits-LOL. Hope you get back out soon and tell the restaurant owner how much we enjoyed meeting him and enjoyed the food he made, Q.

While Dman's at it, see if he can't get FOUR of those suits. I'm sure DG and Shane would appreciate it when the temps get to be 100 in the shade here by 11am here in the summertime. I'll still sweat it out by choice, but I might get a mosquito net body suit for the mornings! :D P.S. this week we're gonna have a warm snap here. It was kinda crappy that the weather was so bad for your trip (in the 40s in the mornings). 60s and even 70s are normal here for the highs this time of year.

Cheers,

Buck

Last edited:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy, Are you and DMan any kin to some people in Gallatin? On another forum I saw where a guy took a picture of an alligator with a Minelab metal detector! Said the picture was taken in S. Louisiana. Never seen anything like it. I know we pick on ole DMan, but, well, he deserves it! Hope to see you guys soon. Tennessee digger

coinhound1983

Aug 22, 2012
Bloodhound and myself are here in tangipahoa parish. We have a few spots we've been researching. U guys should shoot us a line next tine you come on over here. Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread