Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeremiah... glad you mentioned your post over in the prospecting sub-forum. I rarely ever look there and so wouldn't have known. Hope you don't mind that I've reproduced your photo into this thread. I've slightly enlarged and cleaned it up a bit... be happy to email it to you.

Congratulations on your first nuggets with the GP 3000, you've surely worked hard for this success... and no doubt you'll be a seasoned pro before too long. If we ever get together for some nuggetshooting, I imagine I'll be looking for your advice. WTG :icon_thumleft:

Jim.
GRAVELWASHER'S NUGGETS.JPG

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Jim, :hello:

That's excellent, thanks for doing that!! The flat one in the 6 Oclock position was my first find, I think it looks a little like a brain pattern with all the texture/folds plus the general outline as well resembles a cross section of a brain. Thanks for taking the kind words Jim, would be an honor to hunt with you some day soon hopefully. :icon_thumright:

There is an extra picker from sluicing on Saturday on the rt side of the dime. Sorry I coulden't get better pics but gold is difficult to photograph with a cheap all purpose camera or I just suck haven't had enough practice yet..lol more nuggets= more practice, will get better I am sure.

Attachments

• DSC04375.JPG
    DSC04375.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC04382.JPG
    DSC04382.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Great post. If that don't just rub the cabin fever in I don't know what will. Maybe a new GPX3000.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravelwasher,
It all comes with practice and trying and I would say you are doing just fine. Keep it up.............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks guys, sure is a great hobby. I usually dont get to snap any pics except later when I return home and usually play with a mini mag flashlight and crappy fluorescent lighting so it takes a few tries to get the gold to show the detail.
I went out today and got the big skunk from a spot that I have done ok sluicing at, must have been a favorite dump spot with all the trash we hit. Caminochaos and I gave it a go and had a blast trying..lol Oh well mark that one off the list and keep moving on to golden pastures. Tried out a 10x5 joey mono coil and it worked great. The new coil hit on metal down 4-6"s about the size of a bic pen tip and pulled a 1/2 22cal bullet at 4"s. Made a bit more noise than my DD coils but had good sensitivity. Thanks for all the nice comments, glad your enjoying the thread, Jay

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's the places you cross off the list that get you closer to the places that will eventually reward you with the gold. You'll always find way more trash--way, way more, but sooner or later, you'll get that coil over some more sassy gold.

Thanks for more great pictures--you've got a glorious case of the fever now.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions