Love The Live Board Marc

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you just sit there waiting for a post to be made? What if no one posts for a while?
I just set my T-Net e-mail notifications, and then set my WebMail notifier add-on for Firefox to tell me when I have a new e-mail.
It usually notifies me within a matter of seconds if a new post is made on a thread I'm watching... while I peruse through the unread posts.

Bran <><

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, no, actually a post pops up every couple seconds. I use a 24 inch wide screen monitor, I have 2 explorer screens open at the same time, I work on one screen and can scan the other screen (TN Live), to see if anything pops up interesting, or that I am following. No need to go to email to check to see what the email is about I just received.

Any post that is made on any of TN's 742 boards will appear on the Live board in real time as if they were posting to it.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, interesting... I also have a second 21" monitor hooked up to my laptop, but I'm streaming an OLD movie on Hulu called The Land That Time Forgot on there while I look through T-Net on this screen. :laughing7: The live post thing seems like it might be convenient, but I don't know how fond I would be of watching all the threads that I have no fascination for, with live streaming updates for each. To each, their own, I suppose...

Bran <><

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter , where do you go to click opn the live board --please excuse my ignorance,
i scrolled thru the indices and didn't see anything labled live board . Thanks Argentium.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have to be a charter member to get the live feature.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:

Tank is correct, it is a Charter Member feature......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Tank69 said:

Tank is correct, it is a Charter Member feature......

This is another reason to become a Charter Member. BTW my screen is 12 inches and in Black & White. :laughing7:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
If you are not a charter member, like me, you can go to the bottom of the T-Net forum page and see all the recent posts. You just have to hit the refresh button on your internet explorer to update it. From there you can watch every post made on T-Net.

Randy

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
If you are not a charter member, like me, you can go to the bottom of the T-Net forum page and see all the recent posts. You just have to hit the refresh button on your internet explorer to update it. From there you can watch every post made on T-Net.

Randy

You have to constantly hit refresh to see any new post, which you don't need to do on the Live board, it automatically updates the new posts constantly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread