Lovely Teller

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
So i go into my dump bank on saturday as usuall. I dump 4 boxes there and the teller she must really just like me. they are a bigger branch so they dont care about how much i dump there but they wount order for me :'( oh well. But they tell was like so you like to collect coins huh? i said yeah i like to collect coins i have been doing it since i was a kid. Well the next thing i hear was like every persons dream. well the teller right next to me just recieved in these really old books full of Quarters. so i was alright can i see them and she said you will have to go to him. Well i finished my transaction with her and had to wait in line again. Well the teller she sent me to i dont really ever like him he is always negative and sometime fairly rude so i got him back on saturday. i show up infront of him and said i would like to purchase some quarters and the first thing he says is i dont have any. and the teller next to him says yes you do you have all those in the books that that guy brought in. so he was forced to pull them out and the first thing i see on the books is 1957 quarter inprinted on the books. he told the lady teller that he was saving those for him as i ;D and say wow looks like the books are fairly old he said yep. so i asked him how much money was there and he said there was $50 dollars worth and i said great i will take them all and gave him a $50 dollar bill and was so excited to go into the car and see what i bought. After i gave him the $50 he said so you are taking them all in a very sad upset voice and i said YEP. So just seeing the 1957 on the front i was stoked to look inside so i could hardly walk fast enough to the car. i get into the car and guess what i find in the books.

Well i found $50 dollars worth of bicentenial quarters. :'( i did not get my silver return like i was hoping for but i got back at the evil teller. but my dime return for the weekend was 22 dimes in 2 boxes.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like karma bit you in the butt for trying to be mean to him. ::)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well be a good fellow -- go back in the bank and tell the nice man teller --well I shouldn't be so mean and selfish --you can have em for the $50 I paid fer em ;D

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Here is how I'd play that one...

The next time you go to that bank, I'd take the books with you.

Tell the teller that you got to thinking about it, and how wrong you were for being greedy. Offer them back to him, and that you only wanted to keep one quarter.

Sometimes, a offering a favor to a rude teller will sometimes pay off in spades, especially when 27 rolls of solid silver quarters get deposited in the future.

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
Aw, that's lame. I know how you feel too. I went to get a second box of halves earlier today that I passed on last Friday only for the teller to tell me that someone already got it earlier in the morning. Wasting gas is no fun.

I did, however, score a 1955 dime from the reject bin of a Coinstar on Saturday, so the weekend wasn't entirely devoid of silver. My box of halves should be here by Wednesday. Perhaps my first 90% will be inside.

HH.

kalebdad

Sep 24, 2010
You should take the teller that told you about the coins a gift and tell her thanks a bunch for helping me get the books of coins. There were a lot of older coins that I really needed for my collection. You especially liked the 1932 d's and 1932 s's that were throughout the book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread