Low alpha lead... again.

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Have spent a night or two reading the various posts and associated links on here and other forums and am really none the wiser.

If there is actually a demand for low alpha lead, then why the difficulty in establishing who the buyers, ( not the end users eg. IBM, Intel etc) are and what the CURRENT actual price is?
Whats with all the secrecy?

There was one member going by the tag, "Chengistan", who claimed to be a buyer but would not mention prices online and only seemed to be trying to talk the price down and as such seemed to be mistrusted by some.

So what gives?
Anyone got any current info on this?

Lou.

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
First time I have ever heard of the stuff. My question is how would a guy know if what he has is Low Alpha Lead?

Jeff

OP
OP
L

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Well done Jeff!

I will email them and post the result.

By the way, low alpha lead is lead that is smelted pre 1940s.

If you scroll down the page a bit you'll see a previous post on low alpha lead. Its an interesting read, especially if you check out all the links. It will explain all.

Thanks for taking the time.

Lou.

OP
OP
L

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Okay.

Shot off an email to their metallurgist who was decent enough to reply promptly.

They are only interested in pre 1800s lead and even then only in large quantities, ie more than a few hundred pounds.

The few hundreds of pounds that I have access to is too young being 1850s to 1900.

Lou.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread