low vdi high tone

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
I have experienced a sweet high tone with a VDI display in the single digits a couple times. Unfortunately when it happens I am not in a spot to dig every signal and have opted to pass because of bad sod in the area. Does anybody else experience this? I normally don't go by the VDI but when I am cherry picking a yard I do. It kills me to pass it up because in my mind its deep silver and if it was on one of my normal spots I would dig no questions asked.

OP
OP
Indianametal

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
Sorry this is with ATPro ,Pro Zero, ID@35. I have lowered the ID and still no grunts from the area. At the time I really figured sewer pipe. But now Im wondering.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally dont go by the vdi when I am listening for the deep soft tones. Old iron nails that are deep fool me sometimes because they give off that sweet tone to but I dig them
up. I dug a buffalo nickel up recently that was about 8in deep with a high low tone and numbers all over the place. I always dig the iffy signals, where my best finds have been.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These type signals are surely worth checking out.....usually deep, sometimes good.....One signal like this turned out to be a U.S. boxplate at 14 inches! Passed one up a few weeks back only to hit it again with the f75 this week; sounded a little better this time so i dug it...56' Rosie at 8 or 9 inches tilted almost on edge.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions