110.8 KB · Views: 254
  • LOWCOUNTRY POINTS 002 (2).jpg
    LOWCOUNTRY POINTS 002 (2).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
You have a nice array of points from several time periods from what I can see. Where thay all found in S.C.? Are any of them for sale?
badandy

OP
OP
B.H.

B.H.

Mar 8, 2006
Ace Basin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola and Troy Shadow X-5
badandy said:
You have a nice array of points from several time periods from what I can see. Where thay all found in S.C.? Are any of them for sale?
badandy

Yes..every one of them was found in coastal S.C. :) I tried a few on eBay and felt like they were stolen :( I won't go that route anymore..these things do not come easy..as far as selling them..i may sell some but not all....B.H.

FMarion2ndRegSC

Sep 14, 2006
Does anyone else see a clovis point in each of the photos? I'm no expert on point ID, but looks like one in the upper left of the top photo and one near the lower right in the second photo?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, BH. I'm like you, don't know names for them. I love collecting them, they're all beauties in my eye.

;) RR

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Wow the largest point or blade that is in the first pic is that a knife or a spearpoint? Its freaking huge and it looks like the base is broken so I assume it was even longer at one time. You have a awesome group of nice finds, hard earned I bet but worth it. I see paleo and many more $$$ points. Nice collection thanks for showing.

A

Atlantis0077

Excellent finds!

Yes, if you sold authentic points on ebay you probably did settle for a low price. You have some nice points in your collection, a couple of heartbreakers as well. In your top frame at about what would be 10:50 on the clock you have 4 points in a row one being a darker grey. Those 4 points are keepers. Three are definitely paleo...the one closest to the center appears daltonish and the larger brown one with the deeply curved base that someone thought was a clovis might possibly be, but appears more like a deep cut plainview to me. Good points the lot and would fetch a good price. The large blades though nice, being broken as they are, would not be as valuable as the smaller paleo points.

Seeing what you have found..."not really knowing about points" you might consider turning in your MD and going full-time into point hunting... ::)

Anyhow excellent finds....the round, flat stone at the top right appears to be some type of discoidal, but I cant tell that much about it from the photo. Is it rock or pottery?

Happy Hunting.

Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread