May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As previously discribed we have divided this big field into 4 sections, Lower (Completed today), Lower-Middle, Higher-Middle, & Top.

We were both surprised to finish the lower section with 2 Roman Silver, specially as the first one we recorded on this field was only the other day & we have searched these fields for many years!

One Roman Silver was too debased & corroded to ID
Second was - Septimius Severus AD197, rev: SECVRITAS PUBLICA.
5 Roman Bronzes
(all roman coins fell to the XP, Dad was somewhat frustrated :D )

Irish 177? Halfpenny
Diamond shaped Roman Box Seal Lid with some blue enamel :)

A couple of strange whatzits.

Its a smashing start to the year & 2 Roman Silver in a day is a rare thing on our fields.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 472
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 477
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 462
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 465
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 459
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
two silver :o and is that a matching silver stud to the one i found? it looks the same!

looks like you had a good day anyway!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
two silver :o and is that a matching silver stud to the one i found? it looks the same!

looks like you had a good day anyway!

It was a great day. The item is a similar period (17-18th C) button top (not silver but similar to tombac)

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
what are the things in the fourth pic :icon_scratch: and is that a jetton in the third?

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
glad you had such a good hunt! are these field plowed each season bringing more stuff closer to the surface?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
what are the things in the fourth pic :icon_scratch: and is that a jetton in the third?

Those are the whatzits.

Yes a jetton in the 3rd.

burglarifyoulike said:
glad you had such a good hunt! are these field plowed each season bringing more stuff closer to the surface?

Every 4-5 years they do a deep plough which brings things to the top. Otherwise its a shallow scrap.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on a great assortment of finds. :thumbsup:

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Hello Crusader,..Always read your posts and am always inspired by them...I'm in Northern Italy, and just gave up bothering with my old MD, and was looking into the XP Gold Maxx Power, considering my local conditions of a under lying carpet of iron scrap in every direction, especially around old house sites, where I do most of my hunting. (We are in the mountains, so fields are few and far between, but available)....I see you now have also gotten a Gold Maxx. My area is virgin territory, so I want to hit it with some confidence that I am covering it as best as I can.

Do you recommend the Gold Maxx Power, considering my land conditions?

Best of Everything

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi crusader, Nice finds and congrats.Your sections sound like the old english class system and commoners belong only on the lower section and that includes you too shaun lol

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tinpan said:
Hi crusader, Nice finds and congrats.Your sections sound like the old english class system and commoners belong only on the lower section and that includes you too shaun lol

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

there's an old english song that starts " i'd rather be a commoner than an aussie" :D :D :D :D :D

( not sure Rolf Harris has covered that one though)

shaun

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cru... about Cru-Dad, he probably feels like you did when I was there... You can see what the machine can do now, great.
You know now why I found so much.... Nice finds for sure, and great that you can still detect the 2nd field.

1st Photo
Count 2009=38+28+

2nd Photo
Whats that on the upper right, looks like it has been made into a hanger. A token?
The piece under it, round bar shape, is it solid or hollow?

3rd Photo
You always seem to find tokens, here another 2 or three. Funny that I had, until last year, never found a token in the UK.
The jeton looks nice. Wondering what the item is on the left side, a bit silver looking, with the tit. Do you know what it is?

4th Photo
lower object in the 4th photo. Weird thing. Are those just round extrusions in the middle or a sort of spiral? I am beginning to think its quite a good find, very unusual but still reminds me of something but can't quite find it...

The piece above it looks like it had a iron screw or nail in it, the notches and bar are really weird also. I hope you find or someone knows what they are, be interesting to know.

Your silver Romans, great to find them there. Pity that they are of quite bad condition, but you can count them for sure.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
tinpan said:

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

there's an old english song that starts " i'd rather be a commoner than an aussie" :D :D :D :D :D

shaun

lol shaun i hear you lot don,t like being called POME any more but its true" Prisoner of Mother England " lol

tinpan

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tinpan said:
shaun7 said:
tinpan said:

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

shaun

lol shaun i hear you lot don,t like being called POME any more but its true" Prisoner of Mother England " lol

tinpan

i think it's quite nice that you still think of england as your motherland even though you were disowned by her ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

i'll take a life sentence any day :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woody50 said:
Hi Cru... about Cru-Dad, he probably feels like you did when I was there... You can see what the machine can do now, great.
You know now why I found so much.... Nice finds for sure, and great that you can still detect the 2nd field.

1st Photo
Count 2009=38+28+

2nd Photo
Whats that on the upper right, looks like it has been made into a hanger. A token?
The piece under it, round bar shape, is it solid or hollow?Upper right, part of a pewter commemorative medillion, below it is a large bullet

3rd Photo
You always seem to find tokens, here another 2 or three. Funny that I had, until last year, never found a token in the UK.
The jeton looks nice. Wondering what the item is on the left side, a bit silver looking, with the tit. Do you know what it is?Another Lead Token

4th Photo
lower object in the 4th photo. Weird thing. Are those just round extrusions in the middle or a sort of spiral? I am beginning to think its quite a good find, very unusual but still reminds me of something but can't quite find it... Spiral pattern

The piece above it looks like it had a iron screw or nail in it, the notches and bar are really weird also. I hope you find or someone knows what they are, be interesting to know.this maybe part of a spur attachment

Your silver Romans, great to find them there. Pity that they are of quite bad condition, but you can count them for sure.

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:

1st Photo
Count 2009=38+28+

2nd Photo
The piece under it, round bar shape, is it solid or hollow?Upper right, part of a pewter commemorative medillion, below it is a large bullet

3rd Photo
The jeton looks nice. Wondering what the item is on the left side, a bit silver looking, with the tit. Do you know what it is?Another Lead Token

4th Photo
lower object in the 4th photo. Weird thing. Are those just round extrusions in the middle or a sort of spiral? I am beginning to think its quite a good find, very unusual but still reminds me of something but can't quite find it... Spiral pattern

The piece above it looks like it had a iron screw or nail in it, the notches and bar are really weird also. I hope you find or someone knows what they are, be interesting to know.this maybe part of a spur attachment

Thanks! And greetings to your dad! Will look around for the spiral object....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread