Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Lower-Middle Section - Day 3 - Cru'dad solo

THE MAN FINDS SILVER AND COMPLAINS, YOUR KILLING US HERE IN THE STATES CRU !!!

S

seger98

As always.......................... Nice finds! :thumbsup:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys are finding some interesting relics. Keep posting.

HH,Ringfinder

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

at least your dads shilling was real silver :wink:

i hope you at least offered him the xp ;D ;D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:

I didn't even know he had the day off, so the XP was not offered although he would have had more problems learning it than I have :wink:

He has paved the way for a good day next hunt, he's good at getting the bad runs out of the way. Just need you to help get a few more done ::)

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

I didn't even know he had the day off, so the XP was not offered although he would have had more problems learning it than I have :wink:

He has paved the way for a good day next hunt, he's good at getting the bad runs out of the way. Just need you to help get a few more done ::)

at least you can't call me magnet boy anymore :D but seriously i will make an effort this weekend to come and get some more of them bad runs out of the way for you ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys really have some great places there. Congrats on all of your awesome finds. I miss detecting in Europe, as it has soooo much more history and interesting finds. Can't wait to go back there in June/July for some real detecting. Once again, Congrats and I enjoy seeing your posts. HH! :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks like your on a roll for 09. Does it get too cold there in the UK? Snow? Can you hunt most of the year?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

at least you can't call me magnet boy anymore :D but seriously i will make an effort this weekend to come and get some more of them bad runs out of the way for you ;D ;D ;D ;D

Check the weather on the Friday & choice the best day to come up & let me know. THat way we can do the whole day again & make it worth the trip.

NB. Although we had hammered, this middle section is not as productive as the Lower. So expect less & anything more is a bonus.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazyjarhead said:
Looks like your on a roll for 09. Does it get too cold there in the UK? Snow? Can you hunt most of the year?

I hunt in any conditions. What is more of a problem is ploughed field to search. There would normally be none this time of year. But bad weather has meant that this field was never planted. The farmers misfortune works in our favour.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
crazyjarhead said:

I hunt in any conditions. What is more of a problem is ploughed field to search. There would normally be none this time of year. But bad weather has meant that this field was never planted. The farmers misfortune works in our favour.
There's a lot more set-aside up here, think it's due to the late harvest and bad weather,still not doing much good though despite having plenty land :'(

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Check the weather on the Friday & choice the best day to come up & let me know. THat way we can do the whole day again & make it worth the trip.

NB. Although we had hammered, this middle section is not as productive as the Lower. So expect less & anything more is a bonus.

thats what you thought about the bit where your dad got the cromwell hammered :-\

its not that far and always worth it in comparison to what i have here! so far :wink:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

thats what you thought about the bit where your dad got the cromwell hammered :-\

its not that far and always worth it in comparison to what i have here! so far :wink:

OK, let me know Friday.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

OK, let me know Friday.

of course :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

I think the silver coin was well worth the hunt! :)

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And where was Cru? Not at work I hope! Anyway still enough finds to keep Cru-Dad hunting. Say hello from me.
Jeeze only 4 buttons..... had expected many more. But it is just good to detect, I guess you guys don't get the weather we have here, always -2 in the day and -5 or more at night. Today was the first day it thawed out a bit, I saw 5 on the instrument in my car. So looking better, although more cold is coming down... Everyone here is ice skating on the canals, rivers and lakes, its really a nice thing to see. Is about 7 years now since everything froze over.

Holland2009.jpg

Holland2009a.jpg

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Finds. Love that silver. :thumbsup: