Lower Pecos Trip Labor Day

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Well its finally getting close,been planning a trip to the pecos river for a couple of months now, according to Coronados Children there's supposed to be 37500 in silver and a bag of opals buried in a canyon off the pecos we're going to search were not going to have much time leaving friday mourning coming back monday afternoon,taking one bass boat three jon boats two with motors one for a mule seven guys ought to be a fun trip have to go upstream from the Rio Grande about ten to twelve miles to the first canyon, with the price of silver its not a get rich hunt just for the adventure :), we'll be camping on the river every night going to be a blast, wish us luck
Dave

djduk00

Jun 7, 2005
I have been to that country before , lots of indian artifacts around there. But be careful rains can make the rio and pecos a nightmare quickly in that part of the country.

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
How exciting!!! I hope you find what you're looking for and have the fun that you expect! Take care and be safe. Let us know how it turns out.

vicki

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Well no silver :) but we sure had fun here's a pic or two

Attachments

• HPIM0791.JPG
    HPIM0791.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 338
  • HPIM0823.JPG
    HPIM0823.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 324
  • HPIM0809.JPG
    HPIM0809.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 319

Pecos Pirate

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2005
crane,tx
What area on the lower Pecos did you guys go. I have some property on the river a few miles upstream from High Bridge. I have canoed down a few times but never gone upriver. As soon as I get my small boat running I am planning a trip up. In my opinion the Pecos is a prime location for artifacts/caches.

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Hey Pecos we went up the pecos from the High Bridge as far as a boat can go about 12 miles according to my gps, I definatly agree it is a prime locall for artifact and cashe hunting the area is just so vast wished I would have had more time, since you live in that area if I was you I would search the first canyon on the east side of the pecos supposed to be silver buried in that canyon, I'll be back in that area as soon as it gets cold and can get away from work again.
good luck
HH
Dave

Pecos Pirate

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2005
crane,tx
You guys might have been very close to my place, I can't remember exactly but my GPS read 10 or 12 miles from my place to High Bridge. When the water level is good my canyon is as far as you could make it in a small boat. The only resource I have found on silver in the area is in Dobie's book. Is there something out there I am missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread