LRLs do not work!

bojangles

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Geo Western EM83, Maxi Pulse Plus, Maxi Pulse 5000, Mother Load Locator (Resistivity), Whites UL-3, Magnum Force 25" deep seeking coil, Jeo Hunter, Minelab Excalibur, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, PDF1000, PPL
Re: LRL's do not work!

Robert,

I have an EM83 as well. I hit some really nice targets with it, and have used other forms of resistivity and pulse to verify. The tough part is always extraction ;)

BUT - all of those "good" targets that the EM83 generated were located within 75 yards of an LRL triangulation. There can be quite few false positives with LRLs, operator error, weather, solar activity, etc. but patience and practice (even skepticism) was key. I just find it great that 6/10 times I go out Thunting, I can triangulate into an "area of investigation" and nail a target. I use my EM83 as a great verifier, but like most other sensitive electronics, it has had its operational issues in humid-swamp-like parts of the world. Its a good thing that Geo Western (Garry) stands by his units and offers excellent support even while I was on site.

True, some sites that I hit may be natural ore and deep scrap metal, but the places I search are usually fairly remote low in metal trash. To me, the LRLs are fascinating machines that are not always consistent (due to variables), but a necessary tool for any serious treasure hunter.

Thanks for sharing your work! Happy hunting!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Re: LRL's do not work!

~SWR~
Just a rational observation here...
From a person that has never saw one or used one.
but LRL's have already been proven to be fraudulent instruments, and not capable of performing the tasks claimed.
It is funny that happy LRL users are everywhere...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread