verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How long have u had your machine and how comfortable are you with it? I'd use disc 2,3,or 4. Eliminate iron all the way to nickel.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What settings are best for hunting Jewelry and Coins in a park simultaneously?:BangHead:
Not very mineralised soil.
Thanks, Marvin
Ordered and it is in the mail. I have read everything I could find plus watched TheHunterGT's video's. Just want to get prepared a little before I start.
Marvin

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember small rings can hit as foil...and even upper iron range. If you want gold jewelry...you need to dig most everything. If you can handle missing the small gold gold earrings and lockets and such...go above iron into foil.

I find Disc 2 to be the fastest and deepest mode on the LRP/Liberator....as it is modulated VCO tone. (Surface and large targets = stong signal while small or deep targets = less of a signal). I find it gives you the most information - which leads to better targets dug once you learn it. It will also pass certain unmasking and seperation tests the Disc 3 and 4 modes cannot.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter, I think I understand but until I try it out I won't know. The VCO (voltage controlled oscillation) was well demonstrated in one of your video's. I think at first I should master the coin or Jewelry mode. According to the chart on page 12 of the instructions, I think the J (jewelry) mode may be best for me before I venture to the Disc 2 mode. I do realize that some Gold will be beyond my limitations at first. I think for me the J mode will get most coins while the C mode will miss a lot of jewelry. I trust I'm right in my thinking.
This technology is so far ahead of that on my 1265X----------I will be a happy camper with the LRP.
I'm sure I'll have more questions as I actually get in the field.
Thanks to you and others, I'm not worried about digging myself into a hole (Pun intended) as I know you will toss me a rope.
Marvin

Last edited:

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an interesting bit of info on the VCO and disc 2 mode. I wonder how the LRP running in disc 2 would stack up against the BHPt......

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I'll have more questions as I actually get in the field.
Thanks to you and others, I'm not worried about digging myself into a hole (Pun intended) as I know you will toss me a rope.
Marvin

Always here to help my friend. Just post here or PM me...I check it almost daily.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an interesting bit of info on the VCO and disc 2 mode. I wonder how the LRP running in disc 2 would stack up against the BHPt......

Not sure...that is one I have yet to get my hands on. Very similar to a Gamma...with just a few options missing here and there. Quite a stout machine from what I see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread