Luck may finally be turning around. Updated box done

soldierman

May 18, 2006
I just peeked in my box I picked up today and looked at the ends of all rolls. I seen at lest 3 maybe 4 silvers showing. I opened one that had a 67 showing and two others without anything showing! I really HOPE the rest of the box is loaded as these three rolls were. The ben showing in the pic is still in the box. Out of those three rolls I pulled a 65, 67, 4x 64's and an AU 63D franklin.

Full results latter as I share the halves with my wife. She will sometimes look at other rolls but always wants to look at halves unless there 97D's.

Results in: The box started out very good but sputter'd out less than half way thru. I'm not complaining though I found more 90% than 40% which I don't think I have ever done! I hope this was the lead-in to the next box which is hopefully at the bank as they order 1K a week. But it was a very good box.

Finds were
64 x 6
bens x 5
40% x 9
+ a well circulated 87P

Attachments

• 7-24box 001.jpg
    7-24box 001.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 7-24box 002.jpg
    7-24box 002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 7-24box.jpg
    7-24box.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Luck may finally be turning around.

Great start SM!!! I love it when I see alot of silver showing in a box. Good luck to ya'll. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
S

soldierman

May 18, 2006
I haven't had many showing of anything showing on the ends since I start a little over a year ago. Even when there were 40+ silvers in the boxes. But the half dollar roller at the brinks distric I pull from is bad about "marking" its own coins by big circular scratch on one end. Due to this problem I'd rather mine be hiding.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soldierman said:
But the half dollar roller at the brinks distric I pull from is bad about "marking" its own coins by big circular scratch on one end. Due to this problem I'd rather mine be hiding.
I agree 200% Same problem out here. I am sure it is some kind of clamping device to hold the coins while the paper is rolling and crimping.

OP
OP
S

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Well I went and asked for my other box for the week and they said they only ordered one box this week. DOH. As for the marked coins I think its the fingers that actually do the folding/crimping that does the marking. I also have a 87P that has a nice circle on the obverse from the end of a roll. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread