Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went swinging at my early river site from last year. Its only my third or so trip there this year. Signals are so hard to come by I sorta wrote it off. Found some lead, buckle frag and a little paste stone button. All mid tones or lower. Only sweet signal of the night and in an area Ive pounded, was a really nice 1664 Potosi mint 1 real cob:headbang: My first dated cob:headbang:

Attachments

• 41987509-EC75-420C-BECF-3766DE602FB5.jpeg
    41987509-EC75-420C-BECF-3766DE602FB5.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 130
  • B940D56D-7EA7-4E37-A19E-E15FC0DF7F16.jpeg
    B940D56D-7EA7-4E37-A19E-E15FC0DF7F16.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 62
Holy crap that is an amazing cob!!!

Definitely one of the nicer cobbs I've seen dug. Congrats!

Nice Cob, Toasted. On a side note, we visited Potosi a number of years ago and saw where a lot of that silver was mined.

Nice Cob, Toasted. On a side note, we visited Potosi a number of years ago and saw where a lot of that silver was mined.

Thanks. Sounds like a cool trip. On another side note, the paste stone button appears to have the Potosi style cross within it. Kinda hard to get a good photo of it though

Attachments

• 6409FCCC-619E-4EF2-9D9A-47DC05055200.jpeg
    6409FCCC-619E-4EF2-9D9A-47DC05055200.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 82
Wow! That is one beautiful and old cob...You have saved a nice piece of history. Congrats!

Yup...that's a beauty !! Congrats on that minted piece of history !!

That’s a real beauty buddy. I’m still awaiting a larger waves and pillars. Way to go!!

That’s a real beauty buddy. I’m still awaiting a larger waves and pillars. Way to go!!

Thanks. Im still waiting for ANY Spanish silver 2 reales or larger. Even this one has been clipped quite a bit

Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!Sweet!!!!

Cool. Still looking for my first cob, it might be awhile until I post one. CONGRATS, looks nice!

This is an excellent find! Congrats. I really really want to find a cob! If you have a minute look up Potosi silver mining. The history of it is amazing and tragic. Millions of people died there in pursuit of the silver some by choice and others by force.

Nice looking cob congrats if it was me Id be wearing that sucker right around my neck

Wow,

That is an old coin. Congrats 13 is just awesome.

Jer

Thanks for looking and all the comments. Really pumped about this one. Definitely in my top 10(maybe 5) finds of all time

Very nice. Congratulations

Thats a heck of a cob. Better than any of my 1 reales for sure. That cross is super. My cob sites also produced some nice gem cuff link buttons with inlays beneath. I was able to wet mine and take outside in the bright sun to get pics. Play with it wet in the sun and see if you can get a clearer image. Love that cuff link button too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back