Lucky find on 4th of July

Tigerdude

Apr 2, 2016
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God awful hot but I needed to check out my Deus. Been acting up but that’s another story. Found this pewter button. Was informed that it’s a 1798-1801 1st United States infantry button. 9BB01090-8A8B-41C5-BFAE-9365630CEFAB.png

Upvote 32
Nice find, Congrats! Hot here too and muggy!

How could anybody not click the like button on that one? Great hit!

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Congrats on the nice old history! :icon_thumleft:

Nice button. It's plain awful here, weather wise.

Very nice find! Congrats!

Hey......I don't see any "good luck" here.......just lot's of perseverance @ hard work!
Very, very nice!! Congrat's!

Iowa Dale

Congrats Tigerdude, great find!

I used to do a lot of welding in boiler rooms with low pressure steam boilers. Below 35 pounds the heat guys were
never very particular about a small leak here or there so the rooms were very humid as well. I know it sounds
counter intuitive but I used to wear long underwear under my Carharts and leathers. It wicked up the sweat and made me
a lot more comfortable. I wore Dualfold that were cotton and wool with no synthetics. I got the idea from the old guys
in the western movies that were always wearing Union suits. In thinking back I remember old farmers that still worked
the fields by hand and how well they were bundled up with buttoned up collars and cuffs. I can remember old
men in their 80s working like that.
They now make evaporative kerchiefs that you soak in cool water and then put them around your neck. The hardcore
version of that is a dampened hand towel around your neck. Roll up a bandana into a strip and tie it around your
forehead. That'll keep the sweat out of your eyes. Top it off with a wide brimmed light colored hat with a ventilated
crown and you're all set. When you quit don't go for the brew right off the bat but drink about a quart of water first
because you're gonna be dehydrated pretty bad.

Best wishes!

Yep 90 plus humidity Thats a great button what a cool piece of history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back