Lucky Lady First Hunt, First Target, First Gold Ring

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacted yesterday evening by a long time friend to ask if I could try to find her lost wedding ring with my detector. DeepseekerADS and I drove up the mountain, picked her up and drove to the field where she lost her ring. I took my Tejon, Deep took his Excal and I brought along my Compadre to let Michelle try out. When we got to the field, I showed her the basics and told that if she got a beep to let one of us know and we would bring a pinpointer over to try to find it. After 5 minutes, I hear the Compadre sound off, I looked over and she is holding her ring and yelling, My Ring, My Ring. Her husband had passed way exactly 18 months ago today. This ring meant the world to her and she found it herself! First time detecting, First beep of the machine, First Gold Ring! How many other people do you know that have done that?

Attachments

• IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

longshotman

Sep 29, 2007
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
several, Garrett, whites, gold-bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacted yesterday evening by a long time friend to ask if I could try to find her lost wedding ring with my detector. DeepseekerADS and I drove up the mountain, picked her up and drove to the field where she lost her ring. I took my Tejon, Deep took his Excal and I brought along my Compadre to let Michelle try out. When we got to the field, I showed her the basics and told that if she got a beep to let one of us know and we would bring a pinpointer over to try to find it. After 5 minutes, I hear the Compadre sound off, I looked over and she is holding her ring and yelling, My Ring, My Ring. Her husband had passed way exactly 18 months ago today. This ring meant the world to her and she found it herself! First time detecting, First beep of the machine, First Gold Ring! How many other people do you know that have done that?

YOU know some things are just meant to be!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was there, it was one of the most wonderful moments I've ever witnessed. I heard the Compadre sound off, and immediately looked up. She was just all kinds of excited!

It felt great seeing this happen.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Fun story. Thanx for sharing. I heard of a guy who found a gold coin on his first hunt out. But I don't think it was his "first beep" of that day. Your friend there needs to go by a lottery ticket now, as this probably means she's on a lucky streak :)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If ever a person deserved an Honorable Mention, she is the one. Maybe we can get her to join here. Her first time ever, and finding a gold ring - one which meant so much to her. I just wonder if we have a new convert!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one great story!

Kenkoehn1950

Jan 18, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't match that but....true story....I had never swung a machine, but asked a friend if I could borrow one of their machines just to see if I would enjoy the hobby. The very first signal I got, I dug, and my very first signal produced a 1943 Standing Liberty half dollar. Needless to say, 40 years later I'm still dirt fishin'

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread