Lucky Lincoln bent out of shape over Doris and DeWayne

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Back at my aunt's house yesterday, detecting around an old foundation, I was blessed with several interesting finds. The first was this beautiful Sterling bracelet, with hearts linking Doris and DeWayne, whoever they were. It didn't give me the classic silver signal, so I was pleasantly surprised when it was unearthed. A little while later, I got a strong but erratic signal, if that makes sense. First out of the hole was this bent wheat penny, but there was still something to pull out. Imagine my shock when it turned out to be an intact horseshoe! Sorry, no picture of that; it's still out in the truck. Wifey would have a cow if I brought it in for picture purposes. After a couple junk wheats, the last good find of the day was this 1900 Indian head penny from an area I've been sifting. I'm hauling out sifted topsoil for a project here, but yesterday was devoted exclusively to detecting. I'd have found the Indian one way or another; it just happened to be with the machine. So there you have it; yesterday's finds in a nutshell. After weeks of unbelievable weather, it's supposed to go down to 22 tonight! Good thing I don't have detecting plans for tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• dewayne (Small).jpg
    dewayne (Small).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol