Lucky Little Kid Teaches Dad a few tricks! She found a big copper!

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
Took my Lucky Little Kid out for a while Sunday, first spot was an old ferry crossing on the Susquehanna River. After a little bushwhacking my daughter found the big copper! Listed it on the I.D. board for the experts to identify, I was smart left my detector in the truck an carried the trowel per her instructions. Next stop was the local high school, we both hunted about twenty minutes and found the quarters, dimes, and pennies. I outlasted her here she needed to go and get a drink of water, I wanted to hunt! Tonight we hit our yard. I found 3 sardine can keys, foil, bottle caps, square nails, she found a 195? silver "Rosie" dime, and the cool lead horse and rider. Time to have her turn the disc. down a little more on her Tesoro, so she gets more trash and nickels. We started Geocaching in the spring and she has mastered both our handheld and truck mounted GPS systems. She seems to learn new things really fast, I on the otherhand seem to forget two or three things for every new thing I learn!

Attachments

• DSCN2459.JPG
    DSCN2459.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...congrats to your daughter! What kind of copper is that? US draped bust maybe? hard to tell...congrats again, HH

OP
OP
willpond & LLK

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
Large cent may be a 1788 Machin's Mills Halfpenny see i.d. on "what is it " Board.
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN2458.JPG
    DSCN2458.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCN2458.JPG
    DSCN2458.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 322

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your daughter on the large copper. :thumbsup:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a nice old coin!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your daughter for her large copper...its a beauty. Also hats off to you for spending time with her and getting her interested in a worthwhile hobby. Have had my kdis out with me often..they are 3 and 5 and can't wait till they are big enough to swing a detector on their own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions