Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2D-With-Overlay.PNG

2D Version. I found this one interesting based upon the distance of lines between and through major cities across the US. It also shows how very symmetrical the map is.

The Rockies are identified as steps, Nevada and Utah a pyramid (desert), EYE-OWA (lol), Indiana and Illinois identified with a fir tree (or arrowhead), the sun over the Big Sky state (Montana)...the list goes on!

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went crazy with drawing lines. Watched a video saying something about the 105th Parallel - so I added it in red. The red dot is where Black Lake, NM is. Need to clean it up some...

2D-With-Overlay-1.PNG

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2D-With-Overlay-2.PNG

Cleaned up. I kept the 105 and Black Lake NM dot and included the cross-over to show that there is a definitive cross-section right over Black Lake. You can also see the triangles on the bottom right align with cities - San Antonio, New Orleans, Birmingham, Jackson, Little Rock, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still having fun with this lol follow the purple...

Spell-LUE.PNG

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flip the map so the arrow points north and see what happens. There are those that believe that is the correct orientation.

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flip the map so the arrow points north and see what happens. There are those that believe that is the correct orientation.

I saw that as well, with the significance of the 105th parallel, it looks like this:

2D-With-Overlay-3.PNG

Thing is, that is a cryptic symbol for north if I am not mistaken (the arrow). The only question I have then is, why does it look more like a tree than an arrow?

Will say, though, it does look more like a cross with it turned 90 degrees.

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is another version with more lines and added the dots that show up in others as well as colored in the 'eye'.

2D-With-Overlay-4.PNG

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am in the business of "making my own treasure maps", thought I would share that I decided to get ArcGIS Pro and do some better coordinate finding.

Not to cast doubt on anyone, but I included some of the locations mentioned in another post by a reputable poster.

Here is what I put together:

POI-1.PNG

Now, you will notice that in this picture, Salida, Rye, Francisco Peak, Black Lake, Mora, Conejos Peak, Corrizozo, and Bloomington are all listed on here. The significance that is plain to see is that the lines of intersection are visibly close to each point.

Taking this a step further, I added in some -personal- points of interest (POI):

N of Taylor Mountain in Idaho - https://mysteryofutahhistory.blogspot.com/2016/10/legends-of-2-taylor-canyon-gold-mines.html
E of Green River in Utah - 4 Rivers in Utah Where You Can Go Panning for Gold - RareGoldNuggets.com
Brewery Hill (Breckenridge) in Colorado - https://www.gobreck.com/experience-breckenridge/breckenridge-gold-mine-tours/
N of Woodrow (Unincorporated) in Colorado - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow,_Colorado
E of Van Alstyne in Texas - this was the 'dot' in one of the map versions that was in the middle of the circle.
Hot Springs in Arkansas - this was the 'second dot' in the same map as Van Alstyne.
N of Bidville in Arkansas - mountainous terrain, no finds that I can tell at this time

So it bares believing that this method of mapping could possibly lead to multiple types of mineral deposits as well as gold specifically. Just use similar methodology and check it out. Can't hurt, right?

Here is a transparent view of the map:

POI-2.PNG

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GO GET iT!

I told the legend to one of my soldiers who will be going home for Christmas - to where one of these locations is pointed out on the map. The area he lived was one that De Soto had purportedly stayed at while in that state. I am piecing together some symbols for him to look for. He already stated that there are some rock formations that someone placed near a cave that the locals have no idea how or why they were pieced together.

Problem is - I won't hear about anything until next month when I see him again. But I do hope he does get something!!

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
View attachment 1657689

2D Version. I found this one interesting based upon the distance of lines between and through major cities across the US. It also shows how very symmetrical the map is.

The Rockies are identified as steps, Nevada and Utah a pyramid (desert), EYE-OWA (lol), Indiana and Illinois identified with a fir tree (or arrowhead), the sun over the Big Sky state (Montana)...the list goes on!

Not sure what to make of this exactly, but anything that gives me pause to look tat the LUE from a different vantage point is appreciated. I look at this map every single day (it's on the wall of my office) and I never cease to be amazed at things I've not considered or overlooked in all these years.

That said (and I know i'm late to the party here), a few things raise questions...

*This initial interpretation you've distorted the shape of the map. The LUE isn't that long and skinny.

*How did you determine where to orient the map exactly? I believe there are aspects of the map meant to overlay, but obviously you need a waypoint (probably more than one)to no where and how to overlay the map to get the necessary information. All of this also assumes that the overlay and the map are the same scale.

*At one time I thought the LUE in its original form was similar to the state of Colorado in shape, and considered the possibility that an overlay of the state might yield some sort of results.

*You address this in a later version, but there's a perception that the orientation of the map as presented is correct. Others have suggested the arrow should face up, obviously as an overlay this would make some enormous differences in both meaning and interpretations provided still you know how to properly utilize the overlay based on concrete waypoints.

Also...IAYAYAM was crucial to Karl. Figuring htat out my open some new avenues for interpretation...

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what to make of this exactly, but anything that gives me pause to look tat the LUE from a different vantage point is appreciated. I look at this map every single day (it's on the wall of my office) and I never cease to be amazed at things I've not considered or overlooked in all these years.

That said (and I know i'm late to the party here), a few things raise questions...

*This initial interpretation you've distorted the shape of the map. The LUE isn't that long and skinny.

*How did you determine where to orient the map exactly? I believe there are aspects of the map meant to overlay, but obviously you need a waypoint (probably more than one)to no where and how to overlay the map to get the necessary information. All of this also assumes that the overlay and the map are the same scale.

*At one time I thought the LUE in its original form was similar to the state of Colorado in shape, and considered the possibility that an overlay of the state might yield some sort of results.

*You address this in a later version, but there's a perception that the orientation of the map as presented is correct. Others have suggested the arrow should face up, obviously as an overlay this would make some enormous differences in both meaning and interpretations provided still you know how to properly utilize the overlay based on concrete waypoints.

Also...IAYAYAM was crucial to Karl. Figuring htat out my open some new avenues for interpretation...
Have you had a chance to head out to any of the locations mentioned yet, Randy? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread