Lunch Break Hunt - Necklace, Coins, & Ring

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had about 40 minutes on lunch today and hit the local ball diamonds was about to head back to work because all I had was a couple memorials but I hated to leave without at least a dime or quarter. Then I got this bouncy signal like maybe a quarter and a dime next to each other. So I thought maybe I had a little coin spill..pinpointed at 1.5" and out popped this necklace, pendant & 14k men's wedding band close to a picnic table I usually avoid because of so much trash.

The quarter is 1984 and the penny with the heart is 1997. No engraving I would love to return it.
Any ideas on how I could find the owner? I imagine the whole thing was sentimental to someone

HH
Eman
RingFind.jpg

Upvote 9

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually post valuable finds on Craig'slist in the lost and found section. It might be tough to do that now, since you've posted a photo and description, unless there is something about the necklace that is unique and not obvious that you can use as an I.D. to avoid the scammers.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds for a quick hunt! Check with the local police, they might have some old record of lost items.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Great find and an honourable notion. The coins look like they’ve been there awhile so may pre-date the ubiquitous nature of the internet but I think you should consider the reverse. Look on Craigslist for a lost posting in your area using some key words (penny, heart and necklace seem like a good start). If it isn’t there, they are likely in the wind IMO.

OP
OP
E

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I did some searching but nothing in the local paper, or craigslist. I'm thinking based on how dirty the coins are they have been there for a few years at least.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice of you to want to return it, but I don't think it would be possible. Enjoy that gold ring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions