Luncheon check/Token

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi Everyone:

I wish I could post a picture of my find but I am computer impaired and will just have to share with you what I found. I am hoping someone out there will be able to tell me more about it.

Went detecting this evening at an empty lot with alot of old trees in the lot.The home had been taken down to flood damage so I dont know how old it was. The average houses in this area go back to the 1930's but use to be some older farms in the area. While detecting I dug this token out of the ground and it was about two to three inches down, at first I thought it was a chucky cheese token which I have alot of.

On one side: There is a symbol of 1 cent with a circle around it. Above it is the following: Luncheon check

underneath it: Bradford High School...in fact this is on both sides.

I do believe it is made out of aluminim. I live in Upstate New York and I have not found any schools in the area that are called Bradford High School.

Would appreciate any information that you guys might have for me.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a nice find, I did find a Bradford High School out of Pittsburgh

This is about as good as I could get the pic. This is the Token if anyone has a clue. Nice find there Jeff.

Attachments

• token.jpg
    token.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 222
Hi Everyone:

I talked with my wife who is from this area and she thinks it is Bradford High School in Pennsylvania which is probably true. I think the token is made out of aluminim (excuse my spelling). I also want to thank my friend SC_hunter for posting my picture I sent him. These young kids are so hip with their computers me I know nothing about them....ha Ha ;D

What makes me so excited is that I usually just find clad and jewelery which I like a lot. I have also sent several pictures of an item to SC_hunter which will be posted on this site in the future. I can say it is made of iron and very old but just dont know what the heck it is.

Thanks for looking and sharing in my glory....happy camper this evening ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back